julskitchenIt's FRYday and it's Carnival time, so we're making frittelle again. I find it so comforting and reassuring: food and rituals, seasons and family, occasions and traditions. My grandma used to make rice fritters for us in the afternoon during this time of the year and now every time I'm about to fry I ask her if she can help. She's almost ninety, but still working in the garden and cooking for us at least once a week. I know I must cherish these precious moments, when we fry, standing close to each other, admiring the puffed fritters bubbling away in the pan.
- julskitchenCheck @JulsKitchen blog for recipes, real life stories, Tuscan cooking classes and authentic edible experiences in the quiet countryside in Tuscany between Florence and Siena || #julskitchenstories #julskitchen #julskitchenstudio #reallife #italy #tuscany #mytuscany #countryside #countrylife #cookingclass #tuscancookingclass #tuscanfood #tuscanrecipes #whatitalyis || #food52 #f52grams #feedfeed #yahoofood #bbcgoodfood #saveurmag #foodstyling #foodandwine #foodphotography #thekitchn #huffposttaste #beautifulcuisines #bloglovinfood #lifeandthyme #foodblogfeed @foodblogfeed #carnival
- cucina_victoriaYour frittelle look delicious! I want to make them too! They remind me of all the sweets my mum prepares for Easter. It is a great production line in her kitchen!
- demetguzeyThey look great. Carnival is such a great time to enjoy Italian food rituals.
- tessakirosI love your FRYday ✨💖
- cooperincharge❤️❤️❤️❤️ Lovely share of precious times
- lacucinadisandraWish I had that, you are very lucky 😍😍
- marilenaleavittSpend as much time with your nonna as you possibly can! 👌😊
- mamma.floraAmazing! My mum is going to be in London for Carnival and I hope we gonna make the Lasagna with tiny tasty meatballs 😘🤗
- ggsamato@julskitchen that is so sweet and so true.....cherish every second with your Nonna 😊enjoy!
- nettiedbThis made me miss my mom so much. ❤️
- phoebe_vonI should try to make them! Kids and I are really missing that yummyness. I could get a bag of confetti to throw around too 🎉
- pinkrosecottageEnjoy every moment 💕💕
- rainydaybitesLove to have one of these still warm!
- italianpotteryI would do terrible things for one of those right now!
- flavias_flavorsChe belle!
- sundowngardenMy nonna used to make then too and I miss her wonderful hands and voice. Cheers.. love le frittelle di riso
Log in to like or comment.