ilyasahshabazzMy father said, “We can never get civil rights until our human rights are first restored. We will never be recognized as citizens until we are first recognized as humans.”
Shabazz went even further to personalize the issue suggesting—in response to a student question @drewuniversity how you respond to injustice defines who you are. "You can’t turn your back to it because … what does that say about you, if you do nothing?” Shabazz said. “If you see that someone’s human rights are being violated and you do nothing about it? What does that say about your character, your value system? What does that say about you?
“My mother didn’t raise me to turn a blind eye, and I’m very grateful because it is a much more rich life, a much more meaningful and purpose-driven life than just living life in your own little bubble and pretending that the violations that are occurring right around you, aren’t. What does that say about someone who can do that?” #MalcolmX #EducationMatters #HistoryMatters #Leadership #StudentLeadershipCouncil #GenerationOfChange #WeGotYou #IlyasahShabazz #TheWakeUpTour
- king_martiusse@ilyasahshabazz Your father (Mr. Malcolm X) was the greatest voices for our people in the Civil Rights Era!
- lmccoy02You are an amalgam of beauty and brains and a sweet reminder of your father
- hasan.spoon"How you respond to injustice defines who you are" @cvveth01
- raweed2005Give it up for this siter👏🏾 she have spoken well.
- brotherrazzBy any means necessary. Sho nuff. Ya dig.
- only1swanMy point exactly......
- email@example.com how true !! If you don't pick a side you are part of the problem !!!
- minaheshe@ilyasahshabazz You are amazing....I wish you could come to Philadelpaia & speak to our youth.....who are dying by violence everyday by the hands of another brother. Please you and others in a similar role as you come to our neighborhood's....try to educate & enlighten our youth. Maybe a youth summit that comes to Philly, Chicago etc speaking directly to our youth.
- iheartplacideKeep on keeping on sis.. power to the people
Log in to like or comment.