cookingtheglobeNico from @Yums0me asked me why I didn't include a traditional British dish Kedgeree to my English Breakfast guide. A few days later the mistake has been corrected. Kedgeree, ladies and gentlemen!
A dish with Indian roots featuring hot smoked fish, spiced rice, peas, and hard-boiled eggs. A true flavor bomb!
Recipe on cookingtheglobe.com 👈
#recipe #UK #British #English #rice #fish #buzzfeast #huffpostgram #huffposttaste #f52grams #foodgawker #eeeeeats #feedfeed #foodstagram #buzzfeedfood #tastemade #thekitchn #forkyeah #easyrecipe #yahoofood #bhgfood #cookit #EasyFamilyRecipes #bareaders #tastytakeovers #Foods4Thought #tastespotting
- winendineappVery cool!
- yums0meHa ha ha, good for you, Igor! Beautiful shot, as ever! Did you like it? I used to love kedgeree as a kid (barring the eggs - bleurrrgggg! 😂). I ought to make a vegan version!
- cookingtheglobe@yums0me Yes, I loved it, because smoked fish is a staple in my country so it wasn't something strange to me :) We just don't mix it with rice and don't have it for breakfast so that was something new :))
- yums0me@cookingtheglobe That's great to know, Igor! Don't you love how food travels? How dishes can be at the same time, familiar, yet so different! It's one of the things I love so much about living a nomadic life! 😋
- cookingtheglobe@yums0me It's totally awesome! While I'm traveling from my kitchen now, I plan to do more real traveling soon to try more authentic food :) I don't know if I'll be able to reach your number of countried but I'll try :)
- yums0meYou do have the advantage of still being pretty young, so you have a lot of years in which to see the world! I hope that one day we'll find ourselves in the same place, and get to meet up. Maybe cook up a storm together! 😉
Log in to like or comment.