gemma_peanutQuestion for you! So my hubby + I have spent a solid year saving hardcore for our home renovations (our nest is nearly done!). We haven't taken an overseas holiday together in a while but we've decided it's time to finally plan one for later this year (Yipee!). Any suggestions on a magical place in this world that offers an epic yet affordable adventure? We're leaning towards Sri Lanka but thought I'd open up the conversation in case you have any ideas or suggestions. Hit me up!
p.s This is a throwback to me kicking back in Nicaragua at @maderasvillage the day before my hubby proposed! Oh the memories!
- abi_sritharanMy parents are from srilanka....it's great when we go there on holiday, been there over 10 times 😊
- malindahaywardIt was actually the coolest thing ever!!! Like being a glittery mermaid! Super hard to get photos though, maybe that could be a challenge for you 😉 xx @gemma_peanut
- amz90@gemma_peanut Sri Lanka is beautiful, with great beaches! Not sure of flight costs or times but it's quite affordable when you're there. Also, its very close to the Maldives and flights are cheap, so depending on your budget, you could always do a couple of days over there too!
- amz90@gemma_peanut Sri Lanka is beautiful! Great beaches, safaris, hiking, darling people and it's affordable. Also, it's quick and cheap to pop over to the Maldives from Colombo for a few days (though not so cheap there). My fav places in Sri Lanka were Mirissa, Ella, Galle and Unawatuna. 😘❤
- gemma_peanut@amz90 Wonderful tips! Thank you heartily xx
- cassie2601@gemma_peanut Aitutaki, Cook Islands! One word= incredible!
- rachelmounsey@gemma_peanut you're close to Hawaii & if you haven't been there it's to die for (not the main island tourist trap though)! There are some small islands off the beaten track that have to be seen to be believed, the food is stunning & the local indigenous people so warm. 🌸👌🌏
- lozlangYes, head to Sri Lanka for sure! I'm here right now and it's amazing! So much variation within such a tiny island and so many great photo opportunities 😊
- parris_bamberySri Lanka 💙 I live here & happy to help with any travel advice 👍🏼
- _positivegirlsAll of Vietnam is amazing. And laos... highly recommend the gibbon experience if you get a chance and Luang Prabang. Then catch a bus to Chiang mai. If you are going in April the water fight is super fun! Patara elephant farm is good too!
- janecombesPhilippines 🇵🇭
- emsilly16@gemma_peanut this day a year ago I witnessed my best friends marry in Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 and I would highly recommend!!! I can give u the name of the resort the wedding party stayed in...it's very small with private beach and stunning views etc 😍 they do a seafood BBQ on the beach which is amazeballs!!! Also suggest Adams Peak and defo go see the Turtles 🐢 the sunsets are also absolutely breathtaking as well 🌅 in fact is there room for a little one in ur case?! 🙊xx
- beautifulgypsy5627"Over seas" for me is aka Auckland phew adventure. I've always wanted to take a holiday in Sri Lanka, best of luck.
- lachwoodsMorocco. I can hit you up with everything you need x
- mavournee_olympia_fanNew Caledonia, Bali or Bicheno, Tasmania! It's really nice in Bicheno and you can come and visit me! 😊 @gemma_peanut
- brintyI'm hitting Sri Lanka in April, then I can let you know bebe!!
- sophkerriganSri Lanka was incredible!!! Also give the Philippines a thought- also amazing beaches and nature, although the food isn't as good as Sri Lanka!!
- coachkailaSail down the nile river
- kagoltzOman is just magical 💫💛
Log in to like or comment.