iquitsugarSugar quitters, we’re rooting for you! Quitting sugar is tough. We too feel the headaches, mood swings and cravings. It’ll all pay off later… we promise! Have you started to notice any changes since quitting sugar? We LOVE seeing and hearing your results, let us know in the comments below.
- sarahrigonHahhaa @andyvening
- lucyrawsome@vickspick put in a squeeze of lemon or some mint helps I find 🍋 🍃
- iquitsugar@chrissydrichardson Yep, full-fat dairy products are a-okay. Our focus is on reducing fructose (not lactose, which is found in dairy products), as that's the problematic sugar.
- sayomitabaThis past year I've made changes, like no sugar in my coffee. Only water throughout the day. But it's tough when you have a bad headache or crave something sweet after dinner. Any tips on what to go for instead?
- lisadizzy77I am on the 8 week program. Finding it really easy and have not had any cravings, mood swings etc. I am finding I am sleeping worse though. Getting to sleep better (which used to be my issue) but waking every night and not really going back to sleep. Not sure if related or coincidence.
- charlierose.007@vickspick I use the cold brew tea bags you can get; I brew them in a glass of soda water and that stops my craving for a wine after a busy day.
- poppyalertHi I'm just curious. When we quit sugar does it include fresh fruit juices?
- indulgehealthyIt's encouraging to see what you are doing with your 'gram! I share my sugar-free or low sugar recipes for people with diabetes, and would love to work with you. Keep up the great work! Love to see the truth about sugar getting out, as well as healthy, tasty foods to replace it with. 😊👍
- karenrelf1@sayomitaba grab some nuts or a chunk of cheese. If that doesn't help choose a muggin option from the simplicious book. All that has helped for me.
- karenrelf1@chrissydrichardson yes milk is definitely allowed it's fructose that's the no no. 😀
- rebeccaedithhoukamau@sayomitaba i have a slice of cream cheese when i suspect my headache is related to no sugar. Wirks in minutes usually 😉 just a nibble gets rid of it
- vickspickThank you @charlierose.007 i will try it
- samantha_barnaby@vickspick it's not quite the same but we've got into the habit of squeezing fresh lemon or lime into water to give it some flavour😊
- vickspickThanks @samantha_barnaby I do do that and it helps a bit. Guess I just have to break the habit!
- courtneykelly13I have just finished week 4. Not as many cravings and I'm finding it's all in my head now. Love making cold teas for work. Weight loss has been a bonus but I'm mostly finding that I'm not as bloated. Took a long time to convince my husband about full fat dairy and that artificial sweeteners are just as bad.
- eatnourishloveHaha this is so cute🙊
Log in to like or comment.