juliegolob#TBT I come from humble beginnings. This is a photo of my mom, older sister and me on our wood pile. We needed all that wood to keep our house warm through the brutal winters in upstate NY. My dad hunted to put food on the table. I never thought of us as poor though. The lesson in all that wood and the venison... work hard to have and care for the things you love. Thanks Mom & Dad. #humblebeginnings #lifelessons #hardwork #parentgoals
- mikek98858Where a bout in the NY area? (be general, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse etc)
- marshalldillon823Julie back then it was great days , I know I grew up on long island , dad had two jobs mom worked ,us kids took care of one other ,, from walking home from school and so on ,, that's such a great picture and your a wonderful gal :-)
- norm10mmWhere in upstate? I'm from Fairport, NY.
- sebastanvaughanThis is a clear testament to the fact that your "status" in life was earned, not given to you but earned, through hard-work, dedication, perseverance and good family values!
- scott.pegramThat a GTO in the backround @juliegolob?
- timsjagg_You don't say I know all about this.Lots of love
- firstname.lastname@example.org looks like a Plymouth Satellite to je
- ecuchief79I would have live in the wood pile! That's a lotta wood!
- squirrel265My dad heated the house over the winter with a wood stove, but growing up in Tennessee, our wood pile was probably a sixth of that, if even!
- sdnc07I grew up near you (Auburn)! :-) Thanks for all of the great posts and videos!
- richardghartmanWe are all a product of our upbringing. Your parents did an excellent job.
- chrismathan_sportingdogsLovely! They gave you so much.
- goochagogoYes ma'am! Upstate NY. is hearty living! I split a few cords growing up in Batavia. The Blizzard of '77 was brutal.
- freedomfarm5I love hearing stories like that. So many,take so much for granted now a days. Thanks for Sharing.
- bavarian_redneckHow much wood could a wood chuck chuck? Now we know
- foxgrove911That's amazing. Thank you for sharing
- henbickLooks like Pete was pretty busy!
Log in to like or comment.