mattruscignoWhat $30 will get you in #plantbased goodness at your local Mexican market! Those few pounds of dry beans (black, pinto, Peruvian) are many, many cans worth at a fraction of the price, I've three types of tortillas (flour, whole wheat, corn) and four ways to make meals spicy (fresh jalapeños, dried arbol chiles, spicy taco mix, and annatto). Plus a bit of textured soy protein and white rice for those extra busy days. These small ethnic markets supply crucial access to healthy food at affordable prices and on a more personal level were my go-to when I first got into veganism 20 years ago. Support these spots while you still can. You'll help out immigrant communities, probably learn a thing or two and save some money.
[shopped yesterday- #daywithoutimmigrants]
- mattruscigno#registereddietitian #dietitian #vegannutrition #plantbasednutrition #eatplants #eatyourcolors #plantstrong #govegan #whatveganseat #veganfoodshare #LAvegan #plantbasedonabudget #mexicanvegan #burritodiet
- andytherdYea hard to argue with that haha
- thenutritiondominatrixLook at all those goodies! Also 💕 #burritodiet and love that you tied this into the #daywithoutimmigrants !!
- molly_crueAnd the placement of the hat, too. 🏙💙
- mattruscigno@molly_crue I only had to move it slightly. Haha.
- mattruscigno@thenutritiondominatrix thanks!
- bummerartWhoa, Dodgers hat?
- gimmedanegativesGracias a Dios tortillas! Lol.
- jucikaravanSCORE!!! Those markets abound in the Phoenix area are the BEST! Chinese markets too 👍🏼
- mattruscigno@jucikaravan absolutely. I'm lucky cause I've got Thai and Armenian ones close to me as well!
- mattruscigno@gimmedanegatives gracias a dios por los tortillas de gracias a dios.
- jucikaravan@mattruscigno jealous! Haven't found Thai or Armenian in Phx but Middle Eastern Markets are gems as well.
- staceyveg44Great idea!
- laura_tacos@atlassodaworks see!😃👌🏽
Log in to like or comment.