annabelkarmelTHE 'WHY' BEHIND WHAT YOU DO
Many of you may not know this but the inspiration behind my career came from a tragedy in my life. I gave birth to a little girl called Natasha who was born healthy but at 3 months died from encephalitis . Losing my child changed my life. it was hard to pick up the pieces . My second child Nicholas was born a year later. My doctor told me that I was in the early stage of labour and I ended up giving birth on the staircase at home and no one came for 2 hours so it was left to me and my husband . I thought I was going to lose my second child. Nicholas was the world's worst eater and I was making up recipes for him and at the time I was running a large playgroup. Every week I would share my recipes with the mothers and they would tel me how difficult it had been to get their little ones to eat until they tried my recipes . Realising how many children were fussy eaters I set about writing my first book The Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner as a legacy to Natasha . It took me two years of research and loads of time cooking up recipes in the kitchen and it was turned down by 15 publishers ... I had another child Lara whilst I was writing the booK and all my friend ms had babies so I shortage of little ones to test my recioes. Eventually I got the book published in 1991 and it sold 4 million copies . 42 books later I am still cooking up recipes with a new book on Baby Led Weaning a companion to my first book coming out in a few months time . I never expected to have my own food business with chilled and frozen meals and a toddler snacking range with Disney. Sometimes it is the why behind what you do that gives you the passion to succeed and make a difference. I hope that you have enjoyed my recipes whether it's a recipe you have cooked from my books or a meal you have picked up in the supermarket. One thing you may be sure of its that everything that I do comes from the heart and my mission after losing Natasha was to help give other children a healthy start in life.
#annabelkarmel #throwbackthursday #mumpreneur #babyfood #homemadbabyfood #toddler #healthyfood #makingadifference #mum #childloss
- sineadquinn83You're amazing. We are into Day 10 and stage 1 weaning. I couldn't do it without you 😁
- franceshicks93What an inspirational woman you are @annabelkarmel . Your family must be incredibly proud. From life changing heartbreak you are achieved great things and helped so many.x
- simonemairilucasI love your recipes and have been using them from the weaning stage. Can you please recommend which book I should buy for my now fussy 17 month old please? @annabelkarmel
- gourmetbabyukYou are an absolute inspiration. I feel like I'm only at the beginning of my journey. My daughter was diagnosed with multiple food allergies at 5 1/2 months old after a severe allergic reaction to her first formula feed...she hadn't even tried food at this stage. Your books were definitely my go to guides. The allergies are improving and I'm now driven to create yummy, fun food so that my daughter never feels that she is missing out...I want her pals to want what's on her plate. I'd love to turn my lifestyle into my business just like you! #mumspiration x
- alanaburchettLove everything you have done and can't wait to get your new weaning book! Waiting for my little one to arrive (being induced today!) you are a really inspiration and a wonderful role model to all women but especially us mummies!!! xx
- deehollhanWow such a tragedy. Such a great mother and now such an inspiration to us all 😘😍
- sambo8669@annabelkarmel ❤❤ what a inspiration you are xx
- hayleyowen@annabelkarmel truly amazing inspiration xx
- kimshamesevans@annabelkarmel my son has just turned one. He's loved your meals and I still use your book now to prepare food. He will eat anything including fish so it's worked wonders for us. I always recommend 👌🏼
- annabelkarmelThank you for such lovely comments @gourmetbabyuk @alanaburchett @deehollhaan @kimshamesevans
- fitnesslovemummyWe love your cookbooks and now use your two family cookbooks a lot and meal time is such an enjoyable and pleasurable experience because our 2 year old loves all of your tasty recipes. Thank you.
- onemileonesmilewell done 😄
- cleanlittleplatesI love the way that something so beautiful and inspiring came from such trials. May God continue to bless your passionate heart, @annabelkarmel
- blackbirdbakerydublinSuch a heartbreaking story, but my goodness, what an incredible journey. So inspirational x
- sarahsspecialmomentsI never knew your story ~ Thank you for sharing! What a beautiful strong woman! ❤️
- tsharleenAll i can say is "Thank you so much @annabelkarmel for those great recipes that never fail me & my babies" ❤️
- everymumsWow. Thank you for sharing your story and most especially thank you for birthing something so amazing out of a dark time. God bless you.
- sui_generis_consultancyMoving personal disclosure❤️
- cookiedoughboutiqueAbsolutely inspiring 🌟
Log in to like or comment.