innercompassdesignsMy word this year is "grace" but i have supporting words as well (including play). A side effect of being overly critical and controlling (trying to make life safe and predictable) for so many years means i have lost touch with play and experimenting and letting go.
Letting go in art is almost as hard as taking risks in life so this spread from my art journal today is a huge step for me- it was truly a "do it for the process" activity.
Playing with new paint pens- no care if the colours "go" with the rest
Hating parts and keep going
Playing with my favourite tools but in new ways (and finding new favourite marks as a result)
This was truly freeing.
One step along the journey of "being okay with the unknown" and letting go so that love and joy can rise to the surface.
If you chose a word how are you living it and learning from it? Baby steps are still steps forward. Xx
- innercompassdesigns#intentionalliving #mindbodysoul #soulwork #selfcare #selflove #selfcompassion #spiritjunkie #radicalselfcare #findthejoy #gratitude #grateful #loveandlight #trustyourself #truenorth #innercompass #youarenough #recoveringperfectionist #getmessyartjournal #createeveryday #mixedmedia #artjournal #artjournaleveryday #onelittleword #olw2017
- mkranthonyThis is beautiful!! 💕
- organizedlifeI LOVE this! There is serious power in this page. And I love that art journaling is part of your journey this season. So good!
- organizedlifeMy word for the year is love and it's been very centering. I've been meditating on the affirmation, "I am love," and continually reminding myself to view all my experiences through the lenses of love. I know something if shifting at my core.
- growyourgratitudeIt's beautiful, and as a recovering perfectionist myself, I feel internal battle as well 🎨💕
- artwillhealtheworldKeep playing!!!
- innercompassdesigns@sildebrum @mkranthony thank you xx @artwillhealtheworld i will thanks. I forget all the time and then tense up.
- innercompassdesigns@growyourgratitude such a battle but worth pushing through. @organizedlife thank you lovely. I was listening to something today that made me think about focusing on love as a key connection point for grace. Will add your "i am love" affirmation to my arsenal xxx
- jenmorriscreativeIt's so hard to just give in to the process on the page isn't it? Love this though!
- the_summer_house_My words for the year is to Challenge Yourself - I have let go of old and experimenting with lots of new wonderful and challenging experiences - I love your art 🙏💖👏👏
- artfulbizcommOh it's beautiful!!
- angietriantaPlay is something I struggle with as well, especially when it comes to visual journaling. Being able to focus on the process versus the product/outcome has required a constant monitoring of my self talk and a change in mind shift. In addition to my daily creative practice which tends to bypass the inner critic. You constantly inspire me to get out of my comfort zone and be vulnerable, Deb. Thank you for being brave and sharing your process here. 🙏🏻💕
- angietrianta"Mindset" not "mind shift." 😊
- off_to_the_parkLove it Deb! I need to get my paints out tomorrow! :)
- organizedlife@innercompassdesigns 🙌🏽💗
- lianne_cmGrace was my last year's word! 💕
- innercompassdesigns@jenmorriscreative thank you lovely @the_summer_house_ thank you and so awesome that you are challenging yourself xx @artfulbizcomm thank you xx @angietrianta thank you too. Your pages always make me pause. Beautiful. @off_to_the_park @organizedlife thank you xx @lianne_cm it is teaching me lots already
Log in to like or comment.