breadetbutterPoached chicken on a rather rainy day. I use the "hainanese chicken rice" technique - boil the broth/soup, wait until it's bubbling, pop chicken in, cover, switch off heat, and leave for at least 30 mins (or until cooked).
- breadetbutter#chicken #foodstagram #instafood #food #foodpic #yum #foodporn
- jennyoiiiInteresting colour... Tastes good?? I'm actually salivating looking at this picture!
- mommyooiLooks delicious! I'll have to try it!
- breadetbutter@missjennyoi this one was made in a Coca Cola broth thus the brown colour! It's inspired by Luke Ngyuen's Coca Cola chicken - I can't rmmr what he uses, but I use a can of coke, shaosing wine, lemongrass, onions, galangal, ginger, and kaffir lime leaves. Topped up with plain water to ensure most of chicken is submerged! I often use different broths though but use the same cooking technique - texture of meat is much nicer I find.
- breadetbutter@iampayas Thank you!
- breadetbutter@mommyooi I find it makes the chicken meat more tender (especially the breast meat). Can't poach chickens any other way now!
- mommyooi@breadetbutter Thanks for the tip!
- breadetbutter@mommyooi Forgot to say I cook the chicken breast side down so it's totally submerged. Let me know what you think if you do try it!
Log in to like or comment.