wholefullyblogSugaring season is in full swing over here! 🥞🍁 We live a little too far south to be in optimal syrup country, so the period where we can collect sap is SUPER short. We'll be lucky if we can collect for two weeks before the weather gets too warm (which makes for not tasty syrup). We're enjoying our own maple syrup while we have it. It's THE best. 😍
#sugaring #maplesyrup #maple #sugaringseason #sugarmaple #southernindiana #kentuckiana #homesteading #hobbyfarm #countrylife #rurallife #midwestern
- nichteilenThis is so awesome! Dis the trees come with your property or did you plant them? Do you have help going from sap to syrup? I would love to make syrup one day so I'm super curious!
- driscolldebsHave you read Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer? I think you would love it.
- wholefullyblog@nichteilen Trees came with the house. A whole grove of probably 50 year old sugar maples. We do the boil-off ourselves indoors. It adds a TON of humidity to the air, so I wouldn't recommend it for every house or for big batches. Eventually we'd like to do a little larger scale, and then we'll probably boil off outdoors on a large propane burner.
- mindfulmommaSo lucky! My brother in law makes maple syrup and we are the lucky recipients!
- nichteilenThat's so awesome! Thanks!
- ilonashabovtaoh yes!! So love this!!
Log in to like or comment.