rainforestallianceWe're still feeling the love and had to share this Valentine’s Day post from @antonsrkn: "I present to you the most romantic species of frog, Ranitomeya imitator. Why are they the most romantic species? Because they're the only genetically monogamous species of frog! Many species (especially birds) appear monogamous at first glance but when the paternity of the offspring is tested there is a high % of extrapair paternity, not so with these frogs who are 'faithful' to their partners. The reason behind this is that without high levels of investment from both partners the offspring won't survive, so the level of parental commitment has to be high." #Regram #WildlifeWednesday #ValentinesDay #FollowTheFrog #DYK
- antonsrknAwesome, thank you for the repost!
- vickieleedeedsLove! 💚
- marousiakincaidnice image. thank you for the information.
- rob.fr.photographerGreat shot! Compliments :)
- brian.eckert26Awesome stuff!
- lifeinthehippielaneI did a uni assignment on these, they're awesome!
- buroakfanaticThey are adorable. Love the green pattern on the black.
Log in to like or comment.