blairblogsI loved this book. I have long been skeptical if not completely disinterested in the extreme nature of diet and exercise in the US. On both ends of the spectrum, I have observed a severe lack of moderation, balance, and sustainability. When it comes to food (and most other things), "all or nothing" speaks to me exactly never.
This book is written like a memoir, not a diet book. The author shares her experience growing up in France by sharing charming anecdotal stories about meals in her childhood provincial town. She notes the shock of studying abroad in America, and explains plainly the differences between the French philosophy of food and the American one.
The whole book, I found myself thinking, "I was meant to be French!" This book precisely articulates the way I have long intended to approach the table--for pleasure, never guilt. Through these pages, I learned new ways of experiencing food through countless shared recipes and strategies, and feel more confident than ever that this way of experiencing food is sustainable, enjoyable, and healthful. Needless to say, it comes highly recommended!
#frenchwomendontgetfat #greatreads #instareads #bookstagram
- dina_labaIt's so funny because I'm currently reading this book now!! 📚
- blairblogs@dina_laba I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! ❤
- dina_labaI definitely will! I love your blog Blair! Keep it up! I get all my household tips from you! 🏠
- alisonrcscheideAdding to my list of books to read!!! I feel like I will love it.
- madelynsmithLove this so so much. My francophile status is raging. Need to re read!😍🇫🇷🇫🇷
- juliearankinI need to find this book at the library!
- ericawallace1Book reviews would be an amazing vlog idea! I have read several books you have recommended and enjoyed them. 💖
- blairblogs@ericawallace1 Ooh, good idea! That would be fun!! 😍
- victorialanouetteLove this book! Her website has great recipes too! 🇫🇷
- pbnjuliaThis sounds so interesting! I've been looking for a new book to read, I think I've found it!
- sarahmichellewalshIf you like French Women Don't Get Fat, you have to check @dailyconnoisseur's Lessons from Madame Chic, @thesimplyluxuriouslife, and @fionaferrisnz for more about the Francophile inspiration.
- thesimplyluxuriouslife@sarahmichellewalsh Thank you very much for the kind mention and recommendation. Truly appreciative. ❤🇫🇷
- fionaferrisnz@sarahmichellewalsh 😍❤
- flowersandleatherThis sounds so interesting, especially after our time in Europe! Adding it to my list! 😊
Log in to like or comment.