missceliespantsI'm on the fence with this @grainlinestudio Linden sweatshirt. I mean, it's a boxy sweatshirt. Added a darted 1" FBA but still have some bust folds. I'm going to try it again with a bigger FBA and a lowered neckline. I'm mostly making it again because I accidentally cut out two backs (doh!). I'm 50-50 on the shape and this shade of gray on me. I sewed a 14 and might even try it again in a 12. #lindensweatshirt
- missceliespants@elizabethgales Yeah, the 14 were my measurements. And, it's the right fit for the style. I just don't love it on me. My second version is going to look this with bands. But, I'll definitely do a third in a size down just to see. It does sew up really fast.
- hayubI've had the same experience with grainline patterns - I love the look and wish it flattered me, but the styles are too boxy and oversized for my curves. I had to go down 3 sizes from my measurements size to get an archer that fits (and I wear that one a lot)
- whatkimdoesFWIW, I'm an hourglass, and I find I can only wear tops like this in a really drapey fabric. In a stiff fabric, they just make me look wide. They also have to be fairly short (high-hip length), and I wear them with a longer fitted tank underneath to lengthen the silhouette and show some shape.
- eithn7992I hate saying that something just doesn't work for a certain body type but it's definitely been my experience that they just don't work for me and that's my figure type
- whatkimdoesAlso, I personally wouldn't do an FBA or size down - it's trying to make this style into something it's not.
- eleanormccI don't care for that pattern, myself. But I really like seeing what you did with that fabric.
- missceliespants@whatkimdoes I totally cosign the high hip (this is the cropped version). Thanks for the tip on the tank underneath!
- missceliespants@eleanormcc Thank you! The fabric is pretty awesome. It may be why I was willing to make a second version. But, I suspect it's going to go to a friend.
- missceliespants@diaryofasewingfanatic I don't remember! Do you? Wondering if it was same place in New Jersey that one time together?
- diaryofasewingfanaticI have some of it in gray and I bought mine at Jomars in Philly.
- missceliespants@diaryofasewingfanatic And, um do you want to sell yours to me? I want more :-(
- diaryofasewingfanatic@missceliespants - dang you're fast! I updated my answer but I wasn't with you when I bought it at Jomars.
- jillyferI got mine locally- I'm in Canada from a chain store called Fabricland- sorry no help!
- missceliespants@diaryofasewingfanatic I definitely went to Jomar twice in the last two years. I'm calling it from there!
- diaryofasewingfanatic@missceliespants - I'm sorry but in my head my piece is a style arc heidi cardigan with the hood. Just need to sew a little faster! 😬
- cestjeannieiciI thought you'd knit this!! I might have some of this fabric, too---might be darker gray. I bought mine from Gorgeous Fabrics and Metro Fabrics had it as well.i think the top is cute!
- janlinskeyI'm trying to wean myself off gray.
- missceliespants@janlinskey It's my preferred neutral normally. But, I looked so drab in it :-/ Until now, I always thought it was better than solid black.
- naughtybobbinpatternsDarlin', I'm going to chime in here with 1) one does not ever wear gray near the face, Ever, and 2) I think @whatkimdoes says makes some sense.
- missceliespants@naughtybobbinpatterns #facts Yeah, I think it's time for me to leave gray tops behind. I did the FBA though just to avoid folds and pulls. But, it's too boxy to actually be shapely on me.
Log in to like or comment.