steph_dontbuyherflowersI think this 👆👆👆 is so important. I didn't start the business when mine were babies, and I couldn't have. Whether you're a new first time mum or a sixth time mum or your 'baby' is actually 24, no one should feel like they need to be doing MORE. We're all doing the best we can and we are enough. Really enjoyed being interviewed by Kayla - for more ramblings on new mums, the highs and lows of starting @dontbuyherflowers and how we handled Doug being ill, hit up the link in @loveforthemama's bio. I think this was why I was feeling buoyant yesterday (despite the jacket potato saga. Did I mention the jacket potato?). Thinking about questions like these is always great for reflecting. ❤ #wevecomealongwaybaby #dontbuyherflowers #youareenough #newmums
- lissychance@steph_dontbuyherflowers we need to dance 😭
- buchanhannahBeautifully honest article, def worth a read @mumdinger
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@lissychance and cry. It'll be beautiful.
- salvyria@steph_dontbuyherflowers totally. I support anyone who uses their mat leave to try new things or pursue a new interest /career. It's an excellent time to do that. For me, I couldn't manage my own health never mind anything else BUT I do feel I wasted the time. Can't win 😂
- bo.and.bel@steph_dontbuyherflowers me neither. The day they started reception I started my business. My brain was mush for years and I hadn't time to dress and feed us let alone start thinking business. Hats off to those who do 🙌🏻
- phoebe_janehThis was good to read @steph_dontbuyherflowers I'm a stay at home mum right now to two littles but now my baby is over one (just!) I get pressure from people not getting why I'm not 'doing' more. I want to and do feel more creative and like motherhood has inspired me but I haven't found my thing yet and am happy 'just' doing the mum thing 🙂 Xx
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@phoebe_janeh 👍👍 as long as you're happy, you're doing just right I reckon
- email@example.com snap!I am so ready for little to start school 🙈 since she's been at nursery, my brain has had time to un-fuddle itself and actual thoughts have happened. By reception time, I'll be almost human again!
- themodernnurseryLove this! Even though i did the opposite 🙈 I don't think it's for everyone at all and there should be much less pressure ❤
- loveforthemama@ageofreasonstudios yea that is so true! Xx
- loveforthemama@themodernnursery same! I've done the opposite and though I'm glad I'm on this venture, I think I should have been easier on myself!! 😘
- beclellsYay for this! Sometimes feel I'm 'wasting' my year of maternity leave by not finding a new venture / hobby. Then i slap myself and remember raising my first baby IS enough and an absolute joy! I'm shit at crafts anyway x
- frankaboutfeedingReally important advice, we heap enough pressure on ourselves as Mamas! 😍
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@beclells ah - I'm also shit at crafts! ☺
- annarose83💖 Love!!
- ettalovesThis is so true and I've always believed that being kind to your self is the biggest and most important thing you can do. If you can be kind AND follow an idea you may have had then great, but always come back to what makes you happy and healthy x
- becky_freeman_Totally agree with this Steph! I even feel I should be 'doing' something when number 3 arrives in June, when actually sitting on my bum and/or getting out and hanging with friends is FINE, and I need to tell myself that
- steph_dontbuyherflowers@becky_freeman_ it SO is! Hope you're feeling well and getting a lovely belly! X
- fable.heartSo nice to read this. Am about to take some time out with baby number 3, and unsure how to do it and how I feel about letting go a bit 🙈😬 Xx
- one1ofa_kindThis is sweet
Log in to like or comment.