houseofhipstersblogMy work (literally) in progress...this is my office. If you watched my Stories yesterday, you saw this space slowly get to this point. But see that yellow cabinet? It was purchased for a song at an estate sale last Spring. My initial thought was to paint it black, but before taking the plunge over to the dark side, I thought it best to start styling...and boy am I glad I did. My trophy 🏆 collection would have lost its pop. So...the million dollar question...what color folks???
- middleaisleWhat a great piece! I'm sure you'll pick the perfect colour. You have such a great eye!
- sweet_domicileWow! What a find!! 😱
- ivybrooklaneSo, I'm loving it as is - sorry 😬It complements so many pieces in this room, it's like a really good dress and what it does for your eyes... it's bringing out the curved accent in the piece next to it and the coffee table...and looks so elegant in this color.
- suiteonestudioThat cabinet is awesome!
- sutterandsuchLOVE a good estate sale find... it is so exciting!!!! #followback
- karma_and_luck_Pretty awesome
- scoopsvintagemodernSeems like green is the popular vote and I think it would look pretty! I also think a medium French gray color would be sophisticated in that room and show off the trophies 🏆
- houseofhipstersblog@scoopsvintagemodern I think I've been convinced not to paint it...although it looks more yellow in person. Thinking maybe a light pickling just to take down the sunshiny brightness ☀️
- houseofhipstersblog@karma_and_luck_ thanks so much. Only took a little over a year to get this far 😂😂😂LOL
- houseofhipstersblog@patternedbyannie you and me both. The estate sale gods were shining down on me that day 💥
- houseofhipstersblog@suiteonestudio Thanks Lindsay 💚
- scoopsvintagemodern@houseofhipstersblog Love that idea!
- houseofhipstersblog@ivybrooklane oh gosh! Don't be sorry at all 🙌🏻 there have been quite a few people commenting, "don't touch it". 😂🙈 and I think I've been convinced not to paint it. However it is a brighter sunshine yellow than this capture depicts. Trying to figure out if I can tone it down without losing the patina...the main reason for deciding not to paint...and then there is the issue with those shelves...the originals were gone, so thinking I would paint, I bought cheapie press board...do I paint the press board? Invest in glass? 🤔 so many decisions
- houseofhipstersblog@sweet_domicile Thanks Nicole! The thrift gods were good to me!
- houseofhipstersblog@middleaisle Thanks Maggie! 😻😘
- houseofhipstersblog@a1000xbetter Thanks Kristin! Slowly but surely 🙌🏻
- houseofhipstersblog@makingitlovely glam it up a bit more?
- houseofhipstersblog@chicfromchicago thanks so much Elise!!! And you're from Chicago too 🙌🏻 Midwest gals unite!
- chicfromchicago@houseofhipstersblog yessss
- ivybrooklane@houseofhipstersblog I would definitely invest in glass - we go to a local glass company that does everything from auto windshields to glass for showers windows etc. they are so reasonable! It will look so good with glass shelves. I had desk size glass cut recently for two rattan desks for kids it was only $19 for each piece- alternatively Home Depot and the like cut plexi for cheap too? Might be a consideration depends on thickness and whether it will hold your pieces up - weight wise? Look forward to seeing what you do! It's a lovely piece!
Log in to like or comment.