visitmanchester@unfoldtheday : Through Harris-designed Corinthian columns - stretching skyward by way of Tuscan colonnade, and Portland stone - to turn-of-a-century Trubshaw-designed Baroque, steel-frame and terracotta cladding whispering history of Rolls-met-Royce, Beatles-entrance refusal, and by-Hitler admirance, of-listed importance overlooking 21st century blurs of bright reds and sunshine yellows with here-for-many-moons-to-come ground stood.
From Manchester Central Library through to The Midland Hotel, two architectural wonders that forever gasp induce.
Tell me, friends - have you a favourite piece of architecture that does the same? #BestofMCR #Manchester #History #Architecture #Cityscape
- unfoldthedayHonoured by the share, guys! Love this piece of architecture, and it has been great to hear of friends' favourites. Here's hoping some more voices are added to the conversation here - nosey me would appreciate it! Thank you!!
- longleglieManchester looks amazing
- bill_ayresYes! Great feature @unfoldtheday 👊📷😀
- unfoldtheday@longleglie It's a beauty in so many ways, Maria!
- unfoldtheday@bill_ayres Bill, you're so lovely to say, thank you!!
- longleglie@unfoldtheday You are absolutely right,Tori!
- mcrbuzzybeeStunning! 😍
- unfoldtheday@mcrbuzzybee Thank you, Louise! I couldn't leave those steps without snapping a pic!
- unfoldtheday@eyelash_extension_manchester Olga, thank you for the love!
- sathisingI work in Midland hotel 🖒🖒
- atkinsonjools#midlandhotel ❤️
- unfoldtheday@sathising Fab! It's a real historical beauty!
- veewilmotLove it 💕👍🏼
- yasminlolastevenson@newton_jonny does this look familiar?! xx
- saffronandsuitcases@unfoldtheday I knew you'd get a feature Tori! Congratulations, it's a fabulous image 💗💗💗
- unfoldtheday@veewilmot Thank you so much!
- unfoldtheday@saffronandsuitcases Ruth, you're the loveliest, thank you so much for the kind words and for being so brilliantly supportive. It means the world!
Log in to like or comment.