travelogues_africangirlThat one time I stumbled onto what looked like grilled kebab in the heart of Brussels. I ordered for one and took a huge bite..it tasted very different, so I asked what it was and how it was made. "It's escargot" the seller told me, beaming brightly..
😊😀😁😂🐚🐌🐛 Escargot or snails are quite the delicacy in parts of France and Belgium..it brings me to some of the foods we stumble upon when we cross borders. 🐍🐸🐶🐊🍜🍡🍛🍲 While most of us are intrepid travelers willing to rough it, and try anything from stewed dog to fried porcupine or snake wine in the spirit of cultural relativism; many of us shrink away from from unfamiliar food touting our own cuisines to be the right food as anyone under ethnocentrism would.
I discuss all this in my latest blog post, "To eat or not to eat..food, travel and controversy. Link in bio. What are some of the strangest foreign foods you've tried across borders? #foodie #foodgram #instafood #travel #travelblogger #instatravel #CulturalRelativism #Ethnocentrism #foodchoices #culture #vegan #veganism #melaninqueens #blackgirlmagic #travelnoire #foodphotography #foodgram #culinaryjourney #allyoucaneat #ootd #eateverything #instago #igers #igram #travelogues #nomnomnom #yum #vscocam
- jourfemafricaineHumm love this title ... for me no more escargot but.. it's aways good To try To taste before 👍💟
- jaluomojaWell if it tastes delicious..then bring it on! I am open to trying new food items. I have eaten snails, octopus, crabs, shrimps, termites and frogs before. So far i am working my way cautiously around these new experiences 🐜🐜🐜🐌🐌🐌🦐🦐🦐🦀🦀🦀🦑🦑🦑
- todd.live🔥 hot 🔥
- travelogues_africangirlI look forward to eating octopus @jaluomoja 😊😀😁😂 I think I would cringe at frog..but I'd love to eat crab and lobsters.
- travelogues_africangirlYes..isn't it awesome to at least taste it? @jourfemafricaine 😊😀😁
- firstname.lastname@example.org 😊😀🔥🔥🔥
- realluvrGreat post!
- mejenltttwDid you like the escargot? I try everything at least once!!!
- travelogues_africangirl@realluvr buy thanks!
- travelogues_africangirl@mejenltttw no .I didn't like it..😨😠 It had a strange taste...but at least I tried it once.
Log in to like or comment.