fridaywereinloveToday was a day I had to let expectations go out the window and change all plans💔. An expected curveball left Valentine's gifts unwrapped, cookies unbaked, and grand romantic dinner plans canceled. ⠀
But in a way I'm sitting here thinking how I'm grateful for a moment to reflect on a less Pinterest-worthy type Valentine's Day. I have two boys I love dearly. I have my life and health, and so do my boys. And maybe the simple knowledge that there are Gobstopper hearts and a very informal plan B family dinner planned are plenty to remind me that there is love in the world in a lot of different forms. And no matter what we do today or who we spend it with, the important thing is that we try to spread love and let those in our lives know that we care. ⠀
- emilyblaisI feel ya. I'm super depressed because I lost my wedding ring yesterday. It ruined all my plans, but I had to remember that the things I "take with me to the grave" I still have and get to keep. So...perspective, I suppose.
- holidaypalmsSending love for whatever you are going through. You have the right attitude! ❤❤❤
- citrusandsandalsValentine's Day always seems like a high stress and pressure day to me! I decided years ago to always keep it low key and focus more on what's important so it sounds like you've had a great Valentine's Day to me! 😉
- rannylouiseI'm sorry. 😢
- thejellyfishHope you still managed to have a fun Valentine's Day! The hashtag on the picture actually made me lol 😂
- inspoohlalaTe invito a nuestro SORTEO, seguro te gustará 🎉🎉🎉 te espero
- bevhouptHappy Valentine's Day! I too had a couple of things that I really wanted to get done before today, but my two kids got the best of me. So frosting cupcakes and decorating shirts will have to wait for another time. We did go get ice cream as a family, though 👍🏽🍦it was relaxing 😎
- mrs.mintySometimes that happens and it's okay! Roll with it ❤️
- amongtheyoungsLove you babe. Candy for the win.
- byjenroseGood for you for being flexible! I always just feel like a failure when my day doesn't go with my plan. Also those gobstoppers are the best! ❤
- lindsayrutlandHope everything is ok! Some days are totally just like that 😕
- kalanicutblogTotally with you on lost Valentine's Day yesterday. We have the flu at our house. Same thing happened at Christmas. Lots of unfulfilled plans, but it's all okay. The love is the thing. The rest is stuff.
- fridaywereinlove@emilyblais nooooooooo seriously? That is such a bummer! I'm so sorry that happened to you!
- alenagolubovichLife happened to us too! Love the positivity mama
- cheerful_mammaI'm sorry dear !! ❤
- tracy.enserI love this post! It is so inspirational. Thank you for sharing real life with all of us!❤️❤️❤️
- mayyaborSo beautiful
- homegrown_adventuresYes. So much to be greatful for
- gg_stilettoI SO need to remember to let go of the things we can't control and appreciate what surrounds me.
Log in to like or comment.