jenpoeauthorMy oldest sibling, Donette was a huge Prince fan. As soon as I was out of diapers, maybe even before that, she turned me into a Prince fan too: blasting his music and encouraging me to dance to it and dancing along with me. At the end of December, I booked tickets for two nights so I can spend my birthday in February going to Paisley Park and visiting Prince locations. I never got to talk to her about it because she went to the emergency room sick. Her heart stopped for ten minutes, leaving her with severe brain damage as well as damaged lungs. She passed away last week Thursday afternoon. I tried to cancel my trip a few times, but something kept stopping me from doing it. I’d rather stay in bed and cry all day, but something keeps pulling me out of bed to live. I have moments of weakness and I have moments of strength. When I board that flight tomorrow, it will be a moment of strength. I am going to Paisley Park for you, Donette. I am going for you because you wanted to and now you can’t. I love you eternally.
Love Baby Sis.
#blackgirlswhoblog #blackwomentravel #blackgirlstravel #writersofinstagram #prince #Minneapolis #Midwest #paisleypark #blackgirlmagic #travelersnotebook #traveler #backpacker #nomad #travelers
- flxwmbrgrCool pic!😍
- 81noesSo sorry 😔 I can only imagine... I'm sending you a million of hugs
- psychiczyaThat's right do it for Donette!!!!!!:) 😍😍😍
- teal_mystiqueJennifer I'm so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I agreed that you are destined to take that trip for you and your sister. I hope this will help ease some of the pain. 🙏
- lenbuxthank you for this, for your strength and for your courage.
- lenbuxShe's so happy that you went. I'm 100% sure about that Jen
- jenpoeauthor@teal_mystique Thank you. ❤️
- jenpoeauthor@lenbux Thank you. ❤️
- teal_mystique@jenpoeauthor You're welcome ❤
Log in to like or comment.