worldbankDavid Garcia is an independent #fisherman working on a small vessel in Pucusana, #Peru. He was not fishing on the day we interviewed him because the price of giant calamari was too low to be worth his while. “The price has gone down because of oversupply,” he said. “By bringing in less fish here, we would take better care of the species and negotiate better prices.” A new World Bank report – The Sunken Billions Revisited – argues the fishing sector could generate an additional $83 billion/yr by reducing #fishing effort and letting #fishstocks recover to healthier, more valuable sizes.
Photo: Peter von Elling/World Bank
#SunkenBillions #fish #fisheries #overfishing #sustainability #sustainabledev #foodsecurity #latinamerica #everydaylatinamerica #LAC #endpoverty #itspossible
- robinmore_0014We are Gonna Need that Raise Fed
- thosie_213How can i get hold of the report?
- usa_federal_grantThis is the new official instagram account for the federal government grant. Like and follow our page to help eradicate poverty by winning some fund from the federal government grant.
- i.love.goldiegreat content.
- akkadiancollectionGreat shot! 👍
Log in to like or comment.