hootenannieTONIGHT WAS SUCH AN ADVENTURE! I let Foxy out around dinner time, and she wouldn't quit barking at something under the back deck. I took out a flashlight expecting to find a raccoon or something, and sure enough, found a pair of eyes flashing back at me... but it was a dog. A cowering, scared, exhausted little dog. And I recognized it from our neighborhood message board where its family reported it missing this morning!
So I called the number on the post, and within five minutes, this cutest family of all time showed up. Turns out they adopted the dog YESTERDAY, and sweet Baby was so terrified she just bolted. They'd been searching all day, and had been so scared about what might have happened to her.
You think nobody puts Baby in a corner? You're wrong. Baby puts herself in a corner. She was farrrrrrrr back under the deck, too far to grab. OR SO WE THOUGHT. After calling Animal Control and being told it would be a long wait, and after an hour of coaxing/pleading/brainstorming, the mom Kristen and I went in after her.
Listen, there is no better way to bond with someone you just met than to go belly to the dank dirt under a claustrophobic, spiderwebby deck together.
And through a tag team effort, we got her! Family reunited! And now they have to be my friends - it's the law.
- berrypickingthis absolutely made my day. god bless baby and god bless america.
- tarrellingThis is amazing. You are the best. I can sleep happy now.
- saraxedgeLOVE THIS
- ladyjulietteThis is exactly the kind of thing that happens to you. And it's just a small sliver of why I love you so much. 💗👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
- amykwhartonTOTALLY THE LAW! ❤️🐶
- janellemeghan86The law of Minneapolis and dog ownership. Friends and paws for life!!!!!
- seaphotogAs above - it IS the law of dog friends
- melissa_sproulAnnie you are a HERO!!!
- addingfocusI love this Annie! You are my people.
- suzannenormanBEST STORY 😭
- mooresquaredThis is the BEST - needed this precious story today. Can't imagine loosing my pup. U guys should put a monthly Foxy/Baby walk on the calendar 😍🐶👍
- heybrentloveBaby puts herself in a corner. 😂
- hootenannie#dogunderdeck #lostdog #lostdogfound #happyending #minneapolis
- debdbarnettLove this so much.
- rebeccaslesserLOVE THIS SO MUCH.🙌🏻💕
- gilliangondaLove a happy ending!!
- bethschmiegThis is an amazing story. Nice work!
- clare.emBest story. Success! (And way to be brave going under a dark porch!)
- lisasuebaumertOh, this makes me so happy! On my run this morning I saw a "Missing" poster for Baby by Cedar Lake. I was heartbroken. So happy you found her!❤
Log in to like or comment.