angiesmith19It's a much longer story than I can fit here, but I'll try to summarize:) This past summer, I went through one of the darkest depression periods of my life. I was supposed to teach at an event & couldn't stop crying...couldn't even pack my suitcase. Tried to cancel the day of & the kindest women there said, "Come. We don't care if you cry the whole way through-we want to minister to you too." When I got there, the woman leading worship (@jennieleeriddle-she wrote Revelation Song-what a woman of God...) came into my green room & prayed heaven down over me while I bawled. At the end of the night, she sang a song that impacted me so profoundly that I could feel peace I hadn't in months. I came home & begged Todd to put it on the @selahonline record, but it was done-too late to add. I would not let it go (sorry, babe) & through a series of miraculous events, they added it. In fact, it became the first single for their upcoming CD. It isn't available to purchase yet (although you can get it right away if you preorder the record:)), but the link to the lyric video is in my profile...I pray it speaks to you the way it did me. Turn the volume up and worship!!! Our Jesus is so beautiful...☺️ #igotsaved
- kimfaulk❤ it!!
- fthhopluvThank you so much for sharing, @angiesmith19 . Here it is Valentine's Eve. I saw a friend post a photo of flowers her dad got her for Valentine's Day. My dad passed away July 2014 for a battle with pancreatic cancer. I miss him something fierce. I still cry. I feel I've changed so much because of losing my dad. Between that and longing for God to show me the one He has for me, the line in the song about "I've got Jesus how could I want more." Tears just streamed down my face. Such a good reminder. Thanks again.
- nataliedeskewHearing this @johnsonferrywomen a few weeks ago was the best! It's one of those songs that you carry with you forever!
- karenk5771Angie, I met you at Women of Joy in Louisville 2015 (?) You were an absolute blessing to me when you spoke of your loss. I too have experienced loss and NO ONE has ever, EVER spoke in such a way about it. You acknowledged what many try to hide daily, the loss of that child, the pain that we carry, the broken dreams, the what if's..... I do not know what you carry within your heart but I know one thing, God is walking with you girl. He is allowing this opportunity to grow you, stretch you and allow you to minister to others that are also walking this path. Do not be discouraged, he is using this to bring glory back to him. Thank you for your transparency, we ALL walk through seasons of life and we will ALL experience pain of some sort. We must remain rooted in Christ and he will see us through. ❤
- ktownsellA friend of mine has been singing this song for weeks and we watched this video over and over today! So good! Thank you for sharing, and for sharing your story!
- jordynlantzI miss you and love you more than words
- purplejackmamaThank you for sharing. I've struggling big time right now. It's so hard. Every.thing. I hope this song helps me, like it helped you.
- susu_suttieJust wow! Fantastic song!
- mmbellishCan't wait to listen! Sisters check this out @trailerlife @mikes_girl09
- robinbschmittWhat a sweet testimony, Angie, and what powerful lyrics! "I've got Jesus! How could I want more?"
- swtteagalLove, love!! @angiesmith19 Went home from #Reflect Women's Conference at Johnson Ferry telling everybody about this song!!
- lindseycuddy@angiesmith19 Thank you for your raw honesty! As a mom whose twin sons only lived a day after their birth I can't begin to tell you how your openness has blessed me over the years. You have written and voiced the very deepest parts of my heart so many times.....we mom's with babies waiting for us in heaven just know each other without every even meeting. Thank you for how you have blessed me and so many others. May God continue to strengthen you as you minister to many!
- bsmathieDepression sucks #thatisall #jesushealmyheart
- nancypurdyShe's prayed heaven down on my husband and me too one night in her living room. It brought much needed peace. Glad you got some of that peace.
- debbiemcninch@bsmathie ... yes
- dianebailey2"There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still". Corrie ten boo. @angiesmith19 Sounds like he came beside you in the pit and brought you a song for life
- faithplunkettWalking through one of the darkest times too. Started right before I saw you last November and just haven't been able to shake it off. It's horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!! Thinking of you!! ❤️❤️❤️
Log in to like or comment.