liveotherwiseFor #ourcreativeselves challenge with @shalaghhogan day 1 theme: Exploration. Drawing on black with pastels.
This was definitely a challenge! This is my second attempt at this subject, turns out less is more here. And I hate getting pastel dust all over my hands. But it's all learning, right? (it doesn't look much like the person it should so I'm not going to be offended if no one hazards a guess.) #learntodraw #pastels #portrait
- liveotherwise#draweveryday #sketchbook #artjournal #creativityfound ##dailydrawing #dailysketch #instaart #instaartist #astillmoment
- susankmannNot sure who this is. But I like the style of it x
- liveotherwiseThanks @susankmann
- shalaghhoganOh I love it love it love it. I bought black paper too. And then more white pastels. Very impressive. And I feel inspired!
- quicksmile_Ooooh new things🌞🌞
- liveotherwise@shalaghhogan I had the black paper but couldn't resist the shading pastels :)
- liveotherwise@quicksmile_ indeed :)
- racheltildawolfI love the simplicity of this, great drawing!
- liveotherwiseThank you @racheltildawolf I'm trying to under rather than over do :)
- liveotherwise@petronellarose :)
- jules101ukI hated pastel dust too. Apparently pastel pencils are the way to go and are on my (long) list of things to try.
- hodderandsaundersbespokeLove the simplicity. Stick with pastels and charcoal, love the shading that can be created using them. G x
- liveotherwise@jules101uk glad it's not just me. Will add to (similar) list
- liveotherwise@hodderandsaundersbespoke haven't really tried charcoal either, will investigate :)
- coldcazzieLooks like James Marsters when he was younger and had a skinnier face.
- liveotherwise@coldcazzie that's cos it is from when he was younger :) season six to be precise!
Log in to like or comment.