alexandraroxoThis weekend I had the pleasure of watching one of my FAVE films "Wild at Heart" on 35 mm at the Egyptian Theatre. 😍This film plays into ALL my love fantasies and dreams. The epic couple. Having epic sex. With SO much passion. ALL the "I can't live without you" feels and deals and reels, with a side of murder and mayhem in true "Hero's Journey" fashion.
Let's be real, as feminist and empowered and as "out of the Matrix" as you may be- escaping all programming around love and Valentine's Day can be tough. Those Disney princess dreams were woven into my fabric so tightly that I'm not quite sure if they will ever unravel as much as I pick their seams. So best I can do is love them and accept them! But how to survive the candy coated capitalist chaos of V Day?! I say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! But in YOUR own reclaimed way of course! 🤘🏼I suggest to...
💗Write love letters to your friends or maybe an anonymous one to a neighbor and leave it on their car💗Dress as your fave love story character💗Do a visualization/meditation where you connect to your Prince Eric or whoever you fetishized as a child 💗Make a Love altar full of memorabilia with candy heart dreams 💗Have a funeral of old love tropes and burn them 💗Sing cheesy love songs all day REALLY LOUD💗Make raw chocolates and with each one you eat say a prayer or love affirmation (so easy to make! Google it!) 💗Identify 2 things you SO wish a lover would do for you and do them for someone else 💗Pls add to my list in the comments! How do you reclaim Valentine's Day and escape the sardonic and often sadistic state of the saccharine sadness status quo?! I wanna know!
#wildatheart #davidlynch #valentinesday
- alexandraroxo@guncle_t they are THE BEST
- curlycarrotcakeThis year, my hubs and I are celebrating a day early by having a solo date tonight. Tomorrow is a day for family loving, and I'm going to dress in an outfit that makes me love myself!! Deep purples, fabulous fabrics....
- alexandraroxo@curlycarrotcake beautiful! You guys seem like such a sweet couple 💗
- amethyst_starsBobby Peru is one of my favourite ever characters. So sinister. Love him 😍
- alexandraroxo@amethyst_stars YES!!! 😁 those teeth!
- amethyst_stars@alexandraroxo I was so in love with Wild at Heart that I named my first band Bobby Peru. This has just brought back loads of memories! Might have a Lynchian Valentine's with the husband ❤
- mysterywhispersLoving you @dontpinchmysackk
- use_what_you_haveI love this movie!!!
- fitbody480realmccoys_One of my dominant love languages is gifts...but we can't afford them for each other right now...for the 1st time in my life a purchased gift doesn't matter to me...he IS the gift! He loves me in "languages" I never even knew existed...in every way I need to be loved, Vday is about love and I have plenty of it to celebrate!
- alexandraroxo@use_what_you_have I love you!
- alexandraroxo@fitbody480realmccoys_ that's so beautiful 💗thank u for sharing !
- luxxy_luxxMasturbate from dawn til dusk. Be the lover you always dreamed of. Candles, oils, incense, fine wine and holy holy fuckery for one. Everyone deserves themselves best, and that's the person we rarely get the undivided attention of. (PS. Love this movie 🔥)
- use_what_you_haveRight back atcha @alexandraroxo 😘
- portableseraThis is one of my favorite movies too- one of the most beautiful love stories depicted in cinema.
- alexandraroxo@luxxy_luxx YES YES YES
- alexandraroxo@portablesera I so agree. Its mythological.
- galadarlingOUT OF THE MATRIX
- galadarlingAnyway... I'm gonna watch this movie. For research purposes.
- alexandraroxo@galadarling Hahahahha oops my spiritual jargon joke is for a few niche few 😉
Log in to like or comment.