gotagirlcrushAdele gave a template last night at the Grammys to white women everywhere for allyship to black women (also she broke her damn Gram in half)--take note:
"But I can't possibly accept this award. And I'm very humbled, and I'm very grateful, and gracious. But, my artist of my life is Beyoncé, and this album for me, the Lemonade album, was just so monumental. And so well-thought-out, and so beautiful and soul-baring. And we all got to see another side to you that you don't always let us see, and we appreciate that. All us artists here adore you. You are our light. And the way that you make me and my friends feel; the way you make my black friends feel is empowering. And you make them stand up for themselves. And I love you. I always have, and I always will."
- thediaryofemily😭 I love this
- anna_dolceCool stuff
- udamanduhTHIS 👯🙌🏾😭💜
- kittenkabrutalBut....she did accept the award. And she didn't give half to Beyoncé she asked for replacement. Kudos to her for the shout out but being a white ally should mean giving up some privilege.
- sierrasiemerBey should have won ☹️
- gotagirlcrush@sierrasiemer undoubtedly
- rominawalchtattoo@kittenkabrutal it was a great gesture and I'm sure Bey appreciated it. Do you really think Bey would have really taken home Adele's Grammy? I don't think so.
- kittenkabrutal@rominawalchtattoo yeah like I said, kudos for the shout out. It was definitely a nice gesture.
- angryfungiThis is what women supporting other women should look like. So much love for both of those earth shaking women👏💪💕
- blessicabones@kittenkabrutal @rominawalchtattoo she may not have taken it, but the gesture on stage would have been powerful.
Log in to like or comment.