threestaples2017.02.26. The back view of Field Notes "Utility" edition, with the ruler opened up on the right side. Cool idea but I must say I don't like the 1/8" indentation of the back cover. There, I said it. I understand why they did it that way though.. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And I guess there's a discussion on the spine and the rounded corners? The rounded corners on my 3-packs of Utility look okay but the tips of the spines look a bit frayed. More noticeable where the black ink is, of course. A lot of my Field Notes are like this actually, some worse than others, so I didn't think this edition was particularly bad. I've had a couple really funky rounded corners in the past but those were definitely exceptions. I do think it'd be nice if the ends of the spines were cut more cleanly for better overall appearance. I'd imagine that depends a lot on the machines/thickness/type of cover stock used, etc. I know it doesn't affect my writing experience. The rest of the spine on these look like they'll last... They don't look like they're splitting or stretched out too much from the fold, so there's that. (Know that I'm pretty gentle with my Field Notes though). Again I rambled. Thanks for reading this far. (Notice the dent on back of the graph book on the left? That's from the keychain 🙈) #fieldnotesbrand
- rob_prins_Such good rambles and fair criticism, that short back cover is surprising and disappointing. Denting is unacceptable.
- threestaples@rob_prins_ Thanks, Rob! It does defeat the purpose of a cover.. 😶
- chaseme_24Looks like the should have diecut them instead of he normal corner cut after they are bound. I skipped this one since I never use the lined books. Love the bold colors though.
- ljdthefirstThe ruler makes it hard to use. And it won't stay anything close to closed, once opened.
- threestaples@chaseme_24 thanks for your comment! Yeah, I might have to start doing that and not renew the subscription at this rate. ^^;;
- threestaples@ljdthefirst I noticed that while I was taking pictures! That extra fold on the back makes the whole thing extra "bouncy" 😅
Log in to like or comment.