clothandkindNYT today // Long Live the Arts, for the love of all that is holy and right in the world xxK&T #Repost @newcombpottery
So long as the system of competition in the production and exchange of the means of life goes on, the degradation of the arts will go on; and if that system is to last for ever, then art is doomed, and will surely die; that is to say, civilization will die. - William Morris ・・・
- raenainteriors@susanconnor_ny amen to that. We have to raise children to value art and expression.
- debdeckI tweeted the same sentence today!
- tonialeesmith🤔 I'm trying to figure out why DT doesn't provide his own personal security since they have decided to live separate because I'm sure when the school year is over it will be another reason why they're not moving into the White House I can put money on it
- azvogue101Get over it, do something positive for heavens sake...geez
- kerryirvinefineart212😡🎨😡🎨 #artistsunite
- andriabeckUpdate. She is moving in and redecorating
- jaybee_xiiiI've thought about how much money it will cost for her to not move the whole time! I hope this becomes an issue that everyone becomes aware of. Also, if the arts should be devalued in our culture and continue to loose more and more funding, I feel it'll be the responsibility of ALL creatives to create, express and share even more in whatever capacity we can.
- jaybee_xiii*lose 👆🏻✌🏻
- southernshadeshomeI honestly can't believe people are making a stink about Melania staying in NY so her son can finish the school year. No one said a word about The Obamas spending $150,000,000 on personal vacations and having the nerve to want a presidential salary increase no to mention giving Iran multi billions. DT isn't drawing a salary. As far as the arts, they've already been significantly degregated in school systems. We have to pull up our big boy britches and dig this country out of the financial mess we're in. If that means cutting our budgets to the bare bones, oh well.
- lakerabun"Critics claim"
- clothandkind@southernshadeshome thank you for sharing your opinion and although we share different ones, we respect yours and your right to voice that. This post is about our desire for protecting the arts, holding the arts in high regard and honoring how art has always and continues to shape our world for the better and not about Melania or Mr. Trump. We are huge believers in the positive and healing power of the arts in all it's expressions, including your very lovely work, and want to safeguard that for generations to come. We are not in opposition to those who share a different opinion than ours and welcome peaceful discussions that advance all of us toward a future that serves everyone. There is enough room at the table for all of us and we welcome all at the table. Best to you always. xxK&T
- m_bleasdaleEverything about 45 and his gross family make me ill.
- gratiastrother@franloosen truly concerned about what of historical value in the White House might be disregarded / discarded / destroyed if they begin to renovate.
- joannajonesidThe most gracious response. May we all be this kind with each other @clothandkind 🙏🏻
- franloosen@southernshadeshome wait, when did the obamas spend $150million on personal vacations? And, when you take a job this requires that you live in a city, it's part of the job. I would have loved to have lived in NYC while working in Battle Creek, MI. Alas, my employer didn't allow it. You sign on, you sign on.
- franloosen@gratiastrother yes, yes we should be. But I can imagine that there are WH librarians, historians and the like prepping the triage as we type.
- southernshadeshome@southernshadeshome @clothandkind very beautiful and gracious comment. If more responded as you, our country would not be arguing. Creativity and art will never die as long as we're internally compelled to express what our spirits see, hear and feel.
- clothandkind@joannajonesid 😘
- grimaude@susanconnor_ny "they will try to kill the arts.." Do you honestly believe that? Really?
Log in to like or comment.