laelwilcoxIt's a never ending battle with chain lube on the #bajadivide. So dry and dusty, I just can't get enough. #helmettan
- kamilkubesYou are Lael, the best. Dust is just a stupid dust. Keep going! Greetings from Czech Republic :)
- mrjamesmclarenHelmet tan lines 👍
- domharberSame here in Lancashire, UK. Need to re lube after every ride but in our case it's because we have to hose off the mud when we get home. It's axle deep in places #29er.
- arlanspencerWhat do you use for lube in those conditions?
- herbboolHeroine work stuff
- coyne105@laelwilcox your awesome 🤘
- clodhopperchrisIf Bag Balm could double as chain lube, you'd only need to bring one tub of the stuff.
- scottzmailMakes the Rholoff belt drive seem like an attractive alternative when a $1200 drivetrain is an option.
- laelwilcox@arlanspencer We started with Pedro's wet lube, when that ran out we switched to Dumonde Tech, when that ran out, we switched to Squirt, when that ran out on the day into La Paz I used some mayonnaise and that seems to have worked best of all.
- laelwilcox@scottzmail my friend @m.alex.dunn ran a Rholoff with a belt drive on the Baja Divide and it made terrible noise. Then the QR skewer broke.
- scottzmailAt $1200, that's not acceptable. Baja eats chains. I have a good Baja chain story from 1992 Same day I met Coco of Coco's corner and signed his book. Amazing he's still there today as evidenced by your photo with him last year.
- nicholascarman@scottzmail The chain is not $1200. In fact MSRP for 11sp chains starts at around $13, cheaper than the PC830 8-speed chains I used to buy.
Log in to like or comment.