ilyasahshabazzMom with my youngest sisters - the twins, #Malikah and #Malaak, who were in her tummy when her husband was gunned down in front of her and their children on February 21, 1965. (This picture was taken from The Shabazz Center kiosk). The #MalcolmX & #DrBettyShabazz Memorial and Educational Center officially opened its doors to the public in May 2005. The Shabazz Center features the historical preservation of the #AudubonBallroom where my father was assassinated, martyred. The touch-screen multimedia kiosks contain the most expansive body of work documented by @vivianducat on both of my parents' lives anywhere in the world, which include short videos, photographs, postcards written by my father, documents, and commentary by scholars, dignitaries and family friend, the legendary Ossie Davis. Our mission is to provide cultural, educational, and social programs designed to heighten awareness and further the cause of human rights globally.
Malcolm X and Dr. Shabazz championed the cause of human rights and social justice through critical engagement with local, national and global issues that impact the lives of people of African descent and other groups seeking self-determination. In this spirit, the Shabazz Center is committed to advancing this rich and relevant legacy of social change by empowering a new generation through an ongoing programmatic mission focused on current challenges and opportunities by way of leadership development, artistic engagement, economic empowerment, historical literacy and civic engagement--to foster a more just world. #BHM #HonoringOurLeaders #MalcolmX #DrBettyShabazz #TheShabazzFamily #TheShabazzCenter #FamilyLegacy #HumanRights #SocialJustice #SelfDetermination #Literacy #EconomicEmpowerment #UnitedWeStand #DividedWeFall #Humanity #TruthAndJustice #Events #GroupTours #IlyasahShabazz #TheWakeUpTour
- schottledesJust how I remember her! ❤️
- crystalmccraryBeauty, truth, strength and love!!
- bilal8099Thanks for everything that your family had done and continues to do.
- lalalanizhoniMay their legacy live on forever!!!!
- abuabu1974May God give him Jannah
- beachlife_toursGreat pictures, hope you and your friends can take some with us in Bali! 🌴
- ebonyhoffman1015There are no words💜💜💜💜💜💜💜!
- ameliasunkissedBrother Malcolm words will live on forever!! Literally til the end of time!!
- lorenadostiA queen 😍😍
- denzelpaulettaDear Ilyasah , please check dm
Log in to like or comment.