issawatersApple Orchard School is almost a reality! First quarter starts in March. I wanted somewhere for Dylan to go to be with the same kids on a regular basis but based on unschooling values. It's outdoors in all seasons for unstructured, unhindered, risk-accepting, loose parts, open-ended play/learning (same thing!) in a kids' community. That didn't exist in Knoxville, so I made it happen myself. I am so excited! My friend Sara painted this sign, and it's awesome!
#unschooling #unschool #appleorchardschoolknoxville #playmatters #playandlearn #playingoutside #playoutside #knoxville #tennessee
- _yo_natty_This is ultra coolness
- wildhappysoulCongratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!
- therealkatybug@issawaters I recently took a contract with someone who had developed social-emotional learning curriculum, perhaps we should chat! Would love to have your feedback.
- redjet8oThis is the best idea! Well done
- vmberniThis is wonderful! Congratulations!!
- issawaters@therealkatybug I'm sure I'll have an opinion. 😉
- taywalk29Ohhh how wonderful 😍 I would love to do something like this in my area!
- issawaters@taywalk29 That's where it starts - just one person who wants to make something happen! ☺️
- grace_brindleLove the idea! 💜💜💜
- n.my.wallThat's awesome! I get in trouble sometimes using the term "unschooling" because some people think it implies that you do nothing, but actually, the learning essence is cultivated in the very air they breathe, igniting a living spark. I kept my four children home for 21 years. We need to borrow words from another language or something because the terms "homeschooling" and "unschooling" just don't cut it.
- n.my.wallYour Apple Orchard School is what every child needs! You should get a 🥇
- email@example.com I think of unschooling more as you do EVERYTHING! Unschooling is living and learning and loving in a wide open life not boxed in by the restrictions of school. Our school is a nothing like a school. It's a place for kids to come together and do their thing. ☺️
- firstname.lastname@example.org I agree that the word unschooling can be misleading and misunderstood. It's not perfect, but I do still like it.
- ticoquix😍😍😍 We are in Chattanooga and several friends and I have been wanting to get something like this off the ground here for a while now but haven't been able to manage it. I would love to pick your brain or even come visit sometime!
- salmasvisualnotesYou're awesome
- issawaters@salmasvisualnotes Thanks!
- issawaters@ticoquix I would definitely be up for that! We will probably have some open house days.
- aeroangie1976congrats i wish we had something like this in ontario where i live
- issawaters@aeroangie1976 I wanted that, too, and so I had to make it myself! There are lots of different alternative schools out there to help inspire you!
Log in to like or comment.