thecuriouscoconutI've reached a new level of #hippy: I'm starting to incorporate #crystals into my #meditation practice. I've been inspired by my friend @ditchthewheat and her positive experience using them! I've always been very sensitive to #qi in my body (and especially when I get #acupuncture) and I can definitely feel energy from some of these. As a #scientist I'm skeptical (as I am about any new things I'm exposed to), but as a #neuroscientist I also know that we've barely scratched the surface on how the brain and nervous system even work, and I also can't deny my own senses and emotions in response to using crystals. I felt an immense sense of #calm and #peace while using them for the first time during the meditation I do focusing on healing #fibroids. I'm often unsettled and sad during it, I've never felt grounded and peaceful. Have you used crystals? I'd love to hear your experience! #amethyst #ruby #quartz #garnet #carnelian #mossagate #jade #pinktourmaline #apachetears #moonstone #obsidian #aventurine #citrine #aquamarine #rosequartz #gemstones #crystalhealing #healingstones
- stevenuniverseThis looks so nice
- drjendcI've been using crystals and plants in my meditation and spiritual work for many years.
- insideouthealingI use crystals all the time, everywhere! Smoky quartz and hematite are great for grounding. Selenite is great for meditation, clearing chakra blockages and connecting with intuitive powers. And lapis is great when I need to have my voice be heard.
- ancestral.food@thecuriouscoconut how do you use them while meditating? You touch them? I would like to try using them and would be very interested in getting feedback from you. Where do you buy them?
- thecuriouscoconut@stevenuniverse thanks! 🙏📿🔮
- thecuriouscoconut@drjendc ohh tell me more about using plants!
- thecuriouscoconut@insideouthealing selenite is the reason I got started...I was drawn to a piece and could really feel a lot of energy from it, especially if it is anywhere near my head (and most especially third eye). I bought it and then started asking questions and doing reading, and when I learned they might help my fibroids went all in with a complete #chakra set plus specific ones for fibroids 👍
- email@example.com I was advised to buy locally from a shop so I could touch them and see which ones I was drawn to. You can sit upright and hold one that has properties you desire while you meditate, or in my case I lay down and place them over my uterus while I do the fibroid meditation. I have also put them on my chakras (each chakra has a corresponding color)....that is incredibly peaceful for me!
- firstname.lastname@example.org check out @hibiscusmoon for more info about using crystals!
- ancestral.food@thecuriouscoconut thank you!!! 😊
- insideouthealingLove it! Selenite is super powerful. I have a friend who always says she can't notice subtle energetic things, but selenite even gets her every time! I like closing my eyes, holding a big wand of it parallel to the ground with one hand and slowly wave it up my body staying from my groin to the top of my head and then back down. I can usually sense areas that need a little extra TLC by doing these selenite scans. Also, when buying a new crystal or when I want to work with one, I'll often hold it on the inside of my wrist, right where you'd feel your pulse. I leave it there for a few deep breaths. I've found this to be the best way to gauge if I'm suppose to be working with a particular piece or not, and what it may work for. Lastly, I'm like you... my science brain doesn't "get it" about how this works, but my intuitive gut knows it's real.
- thecuriouscoconut@insideouthealing I will do the selenite body scan! And thanks for the pulse tip - that is helpful. I used to be so close minded and dogmatic when I was in college - "show me the study in a high impact journal or shut up" - but now I am so glad I've accepted alternative healing modalities into my regimen. But truly, studying neuroscience (for 2 degrees!) taught me that we have so many mysteries we may never be able to explain or quantify in scientific terms, which has helped me to evolve into my more open minded and accepting current state. Also, I will do anything to avoid surgery right now!!Thanks for chatting about this with me!! 🙌
- drjendc@thecuriouscoconut - here's some info. I got started working with plants when I discovered shamanaflora.com.
Log in to like or comment.