food_to_glowKimchi is a big ask for some. Even more so for those with families to feed. But if are wanting to dive deeper into fermented foods (not literally of course), and take others with you, try kimchi fried rice. It's super easy, inexpensive, very healthy and soooo tasty. The method I use tempers the aroma as well as softens it's spiky taste. Kimchi-heads, just stir more in for yourself. Recipe on the blog right now. I do hope you like it. I also have links to loads of my kimchi recipes. Yep, big fan of this smelly but delish food! 😊😊😊 #kimchi #friedrice #instayum #lovefood #fermentedfoods
- sianpic1I really want to make kimchi but I'm nervous ! Off to order one of those jars !
- food_to_glow@sianpic1 do it, Sian! It's MUCH easier than it seems. One just needs to be patient. 😊😊😊
- sianpic1I may be back with questions @food_to_glow thank you
- supergolden88Thats calling to me - yum!
- ania_stasiewicz_I love fermented food and in Poland we use and eat a lot of them. My favourite is sauerkraut and pickled cucumber. They don't have any vinegar and there are super healthy. Have you ever try any of these? 😊
- eatlikeagirlI have 4 different batches on the go right now!
- food_to_glow@ania_stasiewicz_ I make sauerkraut but I've not made lacto-fermented cucumber pickles yet. In the summer I saw small pickling cucumbers at Lidl. I bought them to snack on but should have pickled some too. I will this summer. 😊😊😊
- food_to_glow@eatlikeagirl You're more of a kimchi head than me! I usually only have two (cabbage one and a squash one). What's in your batches, Niamh?
- elaine_foodbodIs that your lovely man holding the bowl?
- food_to_glow@elaine_foodbod yes! My hand model now that Rachel is at uni. He has lovely hands 😊😊😊
- elaine_foodbod@food_to_glow he really does! Beautiful hands x
- eatlikeagirl@food_to_glow two cabbage at the mo (one chopped and one whole leaf). Experimenting with a quince one. Making cucumber kimchi and daikon kimchi today.
- spicysweetsourabsolutely love this
- mycustardpieBeautiful pic. Everything is made palatable with an egg on top imo! 🍳
- candidsbyjoI've probably said this before but I love your love of kimchi 🙌🏼
- thespicyrdJust got some kimchi & rice. Know what I'm making this weekend. With an🥚on it of course!👌🏻👌🏻
- food_to_glow@thespicyrd Fantastic!! I hope you love it!! Yay! 😊😊😊
Log in to like or comment.