valmariepaperAfter I finished writing The Finishing School, I subconsciously told myself I would never write another book. The devil gets mean when you're trying to encourage a generation of women to live for more. I was almost convinced life would be better if I just kept quiet but God had other plans. So this time around I rallied the troops and had people pray for me. And by the grace of God, this process has been pretty smooth so far. But the devil just keeps pressing in. It has been such a struggle to write this past week and I would just love your prayers. My daily prayer before I write is that is simply be a vessel for the Lord to speak. Some days words flow easy but lately I feel like two hours can produce two sentences. I don't want to sit in my discouragement or frustration but as hits keep coming, I want to wallow and maybe even toss out #grumpymomtakesaholiday because I'm actually the definition of grumpy right now. I'm fighting a painful ear infection and a long home to-do list. It just plain sucks.
I'm going to turn the corner though as soon as I hit publish on this post.
It's in these hard moments where we can glorify God biggest. It's easy to praise him when things go right but what about when they are going wrong? Imagine the message we send to others who may be witnessing it and maybe just to our own hearts when we praise God when it's hard.
I hear Vana waking up. So maybe we will go for a walk or listen to praise music and dance. Whatever we do, it will be filled with grateful hearts and all the 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼. #valmariewrites
- jenlizdeezyyou words are so meaningful - i pray that writing is peaceful and just flows and that you are reminded of how great an impact you make in moments that are just harder 💗
- danamatonakI will be praying for you!! Your words make such a huge impact. God is using you! Im rereading your first book right now and it's just so good!! We are so alike it's crazy haha! I'm so thankful for your work and can't wait for this next one!
- sophiebthomasYou're doing great!
- mycah_hunterPraying for you!
- sllundeenAppreciate your open heart and spoken truth. From a grandma who has been there, done that with a daughter who goes through similar struggles (don't all moms??), press on! As Dory says..." just keep swimming". 😊God is always with us and will see you through this bump in the road. Giving one of your prayer journals as a Valentines gift. 💕
- laura.e.marcusPraying! You inspire me!
- nicolehenriquesIn my prayers
- smharpe1Praying for you right now🙏🏻
- cecespencerPraying for you!! Also, colloidal silver is extremely helpful for ear infections, I never have to get antibiotics because it works almost instantly 😳
- gdaboltYou. Can. Do. It! Press on and we will all pray for those words to flow and that you will feel better!
- vanessaa_808You are so strong to lean on God in such discouraging moments. I pray God brings nothing but comfort, takes your heart and speaks to it. He has and will continue to use you in such powerful ways💓 you got this girl! Don't let the enemy tear you down😊
- shanblan82@valmariepaper -my copy's coming tomorrow..:) So excited.
- emilytheravenSaid a prayer for you!
- yourpalmandyI will happily write your name down in my beautiful yearly! 🙂 I know those "this plain sucks moments" too well. I wish I could say that I handle them better than I do. Your work and ministry to women is invaluable and I for one am so grateful for TFS and the depth it has helped me reach in my walk with Christ. Looking forward to your next book and will be praying for you on your way there.
- marissarosenashKeep going girl!
- musicamente8Yesterday the fabulous @dearmuska prompted me to read Psalm 34 - "those who look to Him are radiant and their faces will never be ashamed"! I'm lifting you up and shouting thanks to the Lord for His faithfulness! Hallelujah for his love for grumpy moms and for His children in the midst of the messiness of normal life. Lord, would you continue to use Val as a vessel for You. Thank you that she can minister to me and everyone else even on Instagram! Thank you for raising our arms in praise when we're too tired to. You're so faithful and Your love is so big. Let it continue to overflow and rain over us. In Jesus' name, Amen!
Log in to like or comment.