danielvitalisSpent an afternoon jigging for white perch (Morone americana) with friends and fellow fishermen ~ including @john_phelan207 and my fishing mentor Will, who is too old-timey to be on social media (even though he's younger than me) 😂. Fish nomenclature can get confusing as white perch aren't actual perch, but rather a member of the temperate bass family that includes striped bass. These wonderful panfish are abundant in the waters here - Maine's Lakes Region - and make for a fantastic mid-winter fish fry. We came back to my place, cut and cooked a pile of them for three households. Hunting, gathering, and preparing meals together is one of life's great joys 🔥 it's early February and I'm already feeling winter coming to its close 😩 Time to squeeze in as much hard water time as I can ❄️ 🎣❄️ before ice-out!
- heywardboyceWhat would happen if I mixed the two together? Too much?
- amgsand@danielvitalis spring turkey season in May for us, hopefully two of three kids will harvest their own. Eldest is shooting archery tournaments, championship in April. Fire wood allocation begins in a few weeks, hopefully finishing that by June. Small game is still going, so squirrels and rabbits are still on the menu. We haven't had much ice yet this year and we keep losing what little we get, but we gave it a go this past weekend!
- danielvitalis@heywardboyce it's great but either will work well. If you are under 40 I'd suggest the antler forst
- danielvitalis@amgsand any luck?
- amgsand@danielvitalis no keepers, but it was a good time and no children step in the holes this time, so it was a success in my book😜
- danielvitalis@amgsand i lost some nice forceps to an ice hole this year 😩
- amgsand@danielvitalis bummer! comes with the territory, I guess.
- angelabewicknutrition@danielvitalis thank you for the inspiration, yo. My son was all "i wanna learn to fish." We're in Calgary, so ice-fishing it is! I am beyond a novice, but thanks to you and Arthur, I am inspired to get it goin on. ❤
- danielvitalis@angelabewicknutrition please let me know how it goes!
- reycaparrosphotoandvideoHi Daniel. I have a very good knowledge about the flora, fauna and foraging in my native country. Where can I get information and where do I start here in NJ and Pa?
- boneless_features🔥 🔥 🙌 🔥 🔥
- _wild.juneHey Daniel, @danielvitalis I'm listening to your latest podcast and you were asking for hunters with a spiritual view point. One of my favourite guys is Miles Olsen, he wrote Compassionate Hunter. He lives up here in Canada and is one of our founding people in the rewilding movement. Great guy if you can find him 👍🏼👍🏼
- shonutritionPretty cool
- micah_mortaliwow man I just scrolled through your whole feed. thats a first. there are very few dudes I have ever seen who share my same set of fascinations. Thanks for your work man. Love your podcast too
- wheelslivegreat shot
- danielvitalis@_wild.june working to get him on my show!
- danielvitalis@reycaparrosphotoandvideo try looking at Tom Brown's school and community!
- _wild.june@danielvitalis I look forward to hearing it Daniel 👏🏼
Log in to like or comment.