sunnyandersonThis is what it looks like when I'm disgusted with myself. Just over a week ago I told you how I had a New Year's resolution to not buy any new clothes. I have too many and some I've never worn. So stupid. And yes, I donate clothes all the time. Don't even need to tally when I walk into Salvation Army, they see me and just give me a receipt. So, imagine my surprise when I went into my closet yesterday to find a tee t-shirt to wear and at the top of the "logo" stack, was a brand new t-shirt from the Broadway show A Bronx Tale. I cursed to myself out loud. Somehow I bought it, it was in a bag, I brought it home, took it out of that bag, refolded it, and put it in my closet in its proper place. At no time did I consciously even realize I bought a new shirt. Smh. Like driving home and you don't remember the turns. I went to A Bronx Tale 3 weeks ago (date nite!) and 3 weeks ago was definitely within 2017. Smh... and although I wasn't clothes shopping I find it so crazy that as I was at the merchandise stand doing what I thought was my part to support the arts by buying one of everything they had (tchotchke heaven) that getting a t-shirt didn't even register in my brain that I was breaking my New Year's resolution...which kind of lets me know how much of a problem I might really have. So, I confess to you, somehow I broke my rule and didn't even know it. What do I do now? I don't even do NYR'S, can't remember the last time I ever did. Do I restart? Do I allow myself a garment a month to be realistic? And is that the side of me that is addicted saying that? WWYD #ioversharecuzicare I cannot express how truly annoying this is to me.
- kayla.salleeStart it again
- brittduke84I would personally look at it this way: Buying that shirt supported a Broadway production. Are clothes from Saks gonna benefit anyone in need of money? lol, no, so maybe that's your dividing line.
- countrystay1984No need to feel disgusted go three all your clothes and see what you actually have and whatever really don't want or have had and never worn find another woman in need of having clothes and donate to them, and it's like a diet if you completely take away shopping than when you want to you will buy a ton. So here is what I think might help it's OK to go buy new clothes but if you buy let's say five shirts than when you get home find five shirts or pants of whatever you bought and the ones you have donate them. I do that with my children. After a while of having them if they want new ones they have to donate them or fond another child in need of toys. I hope maybe this helps I totally am a fan of your cooking and you, you are an amazing person!
- uneihamidoGod love's u Sunny 😊
- mannyd78Let it slide. 1. you were supporting the arts. It was for a good cause. 2. You give your clothes to good will. You're helping the community. You shouldn't be upset at yourself. Something good comes out of your habit.
- shibby_pieMaybe your date bought it for you on the low and snuck it in your closet as a surprise?!?! Lol... Just to be fair. But if you did buy it, I say just jump right back on your task and keep it moving. If you have a slip up here and there, you're still in a better place than you were before.
- shortys2005You can always donate your clothes to me the last time I went clothes shopping was two years ago... Don't feel bad if you have money spend it now that you can because when we die we don't take anything with us.. Beautiful lady @sunnyanderson
- ppowers7192You want my address I'd love to be on the donation end of your clothes!!! I have 5 kids and I don't buy myself anything lol!!! But enjoy your shopping times!!! A hard working woman like you deserves it!!!!
- wer7aliLove the shirt...shush up!
- rosybelaviU can take them to a church too, they always need them for donation. Don't feel bad sweetie ur a good person n God loves u!!. If u want to do it go for it start over again!!😜💜💐🙏
- tcpandiOh Sunny... it's ok! My suggestion is limit yourself to one item a month, but, each time you buy, know in advance you must immediately go home and donate TWO items. You will eventually get down to clothes you really like and want and you will need to give great thought in to buying new or keeping what you love!!
- rherthequeenWe all have selective amnesia from time to time. DON'T be so hard on yourself @sunnyanderson. We all make mistakes.
- merciepena1Don't beat yourself up.. it happens to the best of us. You almost made thru the first quarter. So start over. Life to short to beat yourself up over a t shirt ❤
- duderchickWith any and all goals in life, you need to set them to be realistic. You don't want to set a goal that you know you just cannot keep. Because then you feel like this. Limit yourself to one new thing a month. That way it will really make you think about what you want to purchase...and if it will be worth it. And maybe by the end of the year a couple months will go by and you haven't bought anything. You got this girl! Don't beat yourself up over this. Push forward :) don't give up
- lalarichardsHi Beautiful
- akazie916I'll send you one of my shirts for free. #heartlessapparelworldwide
- holyhiphopperAww @sunnyanderson You can always start again. We mess up all the time, but can always do better for ourselves by starting anew. Don't fret, no more down on yourself. It's done, time to get back on the horse do to speak! You can do it! 🌸🍃💓
- lilbusriderEven disgusted you are gorgeous😍😍😍😍
- ggsummer17I say buy what you want and enjoy what you where. You are a wonderful and talented person so enjoy your life. Buying a tee shirt is not breaking your resolution. Just donate another item so your new shirt replaces it, then you are good!
Log in to like or comment.