marylaurenNot sure what happened this morning... but there was something in the air. 4 tantrums before 10 o'clock and we were all kind of losing our minds. 😂😬😭 But nothing a long "play only" bath couldn't fix! Hitting the reset button at 11:30... we're totally starting over. 😂 Today WILL be a good day!! What are your "resets"? The bath works for us USUALLY... but would love some new tricks. 😉
- danijroberts@vinson_fam I'm not being rude it was a question. I am a nanny and I have been for 6 years. I have never seen a baby throw a tantrum. Get upset because hungry, poopy diaper ect. yes, but definitely not because of bad behavior. I currently have a one year old . she would never throw a tantrum and I wouldn't allow it if she did. Typically when a child acts out I ignore and show them that is not the way to act if you want something and I will not respond to that behavior . Definitely not put them in the bath after their fit. The child will quickly associate a bath with tantrums. that may be why the child in the picture had 4 before 10am.
- hannahargyleThe cat! So adorable. Fresh air usually works for us. Or cake 😂
- jcrkellyOh this is such a difficult age... for us and them. They have so much going on inside of them and we're just trying to guide them into understanding their emotions and how to channel them in a healthy way with our limited patience. A bath is a great reset button for us too! Also, taking a walk outside around the block works well too. I hope the rest of your day went better... and if not, night time is the master reset button. Tomorrow is a brand new day!
- nicolablomNature, nature, playing with sand or clay and some more nature.
- nicolablom@danijroberts and @vinson_fam please do read the book the science of parenting by Margot Sunderland. I studied early childhood development, did au pair work for over 3 years, but this book opened my eyes with my own kiddo. Written by children's psychologist on how the brain of a baby and toddler works. Different types of tantrums, ex Nero tantrums which can be ignored, but we do harm when we ignore tantrums where a little one feels overwhelmed by their feelings which they don't understand. By age four, it's a different ball game. 😉 we should all try and be good enough parents, not perfect parents, good enough because that is where our children learn to be kind towards themselves! Making them happier grownups. ✨
- nicolablomKeep them baths going!
- lamama.plAwesome 😍😍
- toutsainplementso cute ♡
- maria_cortazzo@melissa_maggs look at the tub :)
- danielle_tenneyMessaged you ❤️ praying it's a blessing
- danijroberts@nicolablom I actually love the book "bringing up Bebe" by Pamela druckerman who often cites Francois Dolto. Dolto is very honored in France as she is a well known child psychologist. Bringing up Bebe was written because of a fascinated interest in the great behavior of French children ( good behavior, no tantrums,sleep through the night by 2 months, and amazing eaters). Dolto believes that children are smart enough to understand just about everything. She recommends talking to newborns and babies about everything . For example: when bringing a newborn home you should always give them a detailed tour so they can become acquainted with the unfamiliar place. The 1 year old I have right now can comprehend when she is doing something wrong. She looks to me to make sure I don't see her. When I see her touch the dog bowl I give her a firm no. She will walk away and find something to play with and never cries because of it. Like I said she never even has tantrums unless it's for needs. Dolto believes every child is born greedy and must be taught to be humble and patient from an early age. This lady knows her crap. I also have a 2 and 4 year old. Their behavior has changed drastically since I have been with them since September. I even got a pay raise. Dolto really works because now I have great eaters( who sit and have a well thought out convo at the table) and non tantrum throwers. DM me if you want more information
- danijrobertsSorry for the essay haha way longer than expected
- sheloneA bath with that view will do the trick for me like....ALWAYS😍
- melissa_maggs@maria_cortazzo yes! I'll definitely be taking to Mr. S!
- patentingprettyLove this! Love your feed!
- amandalbeckOkay don't hate me because I'm sure I've asked you before and I should have wrote it down..this time I will! What dsl camera do you use? Is it a mark series? @marylauren
- pattischmidtIs this bathtub in heaven? A bath in there would reset me as well! 😂🙌🏻
- rubcovaphotoКак хорошо!💓
- kimmy_fitnessSo great!
Log in to like or comment.