filmobjektivChicago shot on #velvia100 on a #contaxg2 by @potatoislike
- filmobjektiv#filmphotography #filmisnotdead #ishootfilm #filmcamera #staybrokeshootfilm #believeinfilm #buyfilmnotmegapixels #istillshootfilm #filmisalive #helpfilmlive
#shotonfilm #filmcommunity #grainisgood #keepfilmalive #analogue #analoguevibes #analog #analogfeatures #analogphotography
- insta_chicagogreat photo!
- leafy.yehYessss love it!!!
- jclb_photographyHow does velvia compare with provia?
- filmobjektiv@jclb_photography Velvia is ultra-saturated. Provia has a much more natural, muted color profile. Both great films for different reasons :-)
- jclb_photography@filmobjektiv and both are Ultra-Expensive i guess...:D
- filmobjektiv@jclb_photography yes. After a number of price hikes over the last few years, they're both in the $7-11 range depending on the format and place of purchase. I love both films, but I actually really appreciate both Fuji's and Kodak's negative films (which have the added benefit of being slightly more affordable) and even some new ones coming out lately (such as CineStill 800T, etc.).
- jclb_photography@filmobjektiv yeah i mostly shoot kodak on medium format, whats crazy is that where i live portra costs ca. 7 Euros in 120, but 10 Euros in 35mil and i think thats waay to expensive..
- filmobjektiv@jclb_photography true, but you get quite a bit more out of the 35mm in terms of frame count. They also have to put it in a light-tight canister and add the perfs. I think it's more of a manufacturing consideration/cost, but I've never actually looked into it. It is a bummer...completely. And perhaps one of many reasons I tend to stick with MF ;-)
Log in to like or comment.