sniequistGood morning, pals!
Some of you have asked about going through Present Over Perfect with a small group or bible study--here's the deal: you can absolutely read through the book together, book-club style, or you can go through this 5 session DVD study--there are 5 videos & 5 accompanying written sections, all with conversation in mind.
We shot the videos at a beautiful, cozy cabin in the woods, and on my all time favorite stretch of beach--the setting itself encourages contemplation, conversation, connection.
A couple things to know: this is totally different than the book--same themes & ideas, but a little deeper, more about the next steps on this spiritual journey.
Also, in some places--like @amazon, you have to buy the DVD & the written study guide separately, but you do need them both. And if that wasn't confusing enough, in some places the study guide is listed as the paperback of Present Over Perfect. Sheesh!
We're working with booksellers to make it all clearer, but all you need to know is that the DVD & written guide together will give you a great starting place for 5 conversations about moving toward meaning, silence, & connection, away from frantic & shallow living. And that journey is life-changing. ❤
- sweeter_stillGoing through the study/DVD with a small group of moms from our school and loving it! Just had our 3rd session today and love what you had to say about saying yes and no. Your words are a gift.
- msatopp@maryalexisbull- now we know!
- maryalexisbull@msatopp // yessss! Makes so much sense now!!
- luvyalernMy small group is starting Feb. 21st! Can't wait 😁
- nwillis@erinechristman i did this in the fall and it's really good! You should do it with your neighbors ;)
- julinbeckI didn't know there was an actual study book for this!!! @sheenagentry
- liddadesignThis is terrific
- brittbburn@hailewright28 book club idea. :-)
- sheenagentryGood to know! Thanks @julinbeck !!
- eileenb0130@sweeter_still can you let me know how long each session takes? I'm trying to plan for a small group and have an hour set aside for it. Is that enough time?
- sweeter_still@eileenb0130 an hour would be enough to time to watch the DVD segment and have a short discussion. Ours is an hour and a half before school lets out and we often run short on time with everyone chatting at the beginning and trying to get prayer requests at the end. Because a lot of us have to leave to pick up kiddos, sometimes we don't get to the point of actually praying over the requests but we still each get a chance to hear what's on everyone's heart. I hope that helps!
- renae_stoverThis!! @nicole_mca @l_hub07
- janebrundigeYasssss @roannachan @lynsmacpherson 👏🏻
- chapmanclan4@kelseymoody1 Thoughts?
- hellorissoJust finished this❤
- kirsti.y@ashley_lyn8 Yes!
- miaviereggeI'm on vacation and reading yet another one of your books. Your writing is like salve the soul. Your writing flows, entertains, and inspires. Thank you for using your God-given gift, @sniequist!
- olivia.weidner@juliarosehangartner this book will make you the best woman you can be. 😘
- email@example.com I've read this one!!!
Log in to like or comment.