radianthomestudioJust finished work in on this with my 6 yr old. It's a birthday present for her big sister! These big 4 doll clothes patterns are difficult to sew. They only have tiny seam allowances and sometimes they want you to leave raw edges! I'm wondering if any of the indie doll clothes patterns have better finishing techniques...#createmakeshare #sewingdollclothes #hobbylobby #simplicitypatterns #sewingforgirls #sewingforkids
- made.by.sara.blogAww, that's lovely! Such a sweet gift. 💕 Raw edges, seriously? 😨😞
- firstname.lastname@example.org Yes! Around the neckline. I just folded over an extra scant 1/4" to keep it clean. 😊If I did it again, I'd cut out a second bodice and line it to cover all of the seams and eliminate the raw edge problem.
- mariettaglendesignsThat's such a cute little dress! Agreed--dolls' clothes are not easy to make. If you like historical patterns, Sense & Sensibility Patterns has a nice doll clothes pattern.
- radianthomestudio@mariettaglendesigns Good to know!
- shelleymichellefolkertsAwesome fabric choices and such a cute dress. I ended up serging as many seams as I could in outfits that got alot of wear. Barbie clothes were ridiculous. I enjoyed making the American Girl sized clothes.
- radianthomestudio@shelleymichellefolkerts We don't have Barbie dolls...thank goodness! 😳I don't trust my serging skills on tiny curves. I ended up zigzagging the raw edges.
- shelleymichellefolkertsSometimes you can run the pieces carefully through serger without using the knife. I have even done that on my kid's clothes when little.
- shelleymichellefolkertsSorry should say before sewing them together.
- radianthomestudio@shelleymichellefolkerts good idea! I always forget that I can do that.
- lindseymadeitCheck out @violettefieldthreads Adorable patterns for dolls that match some of her children's patterns!
- radianthomestudio@lindseymadeit Thanks!
- maggielambdrawsThis dress is adorable! I love to sew clothes for my dolls. Have you checked out @phoebeandegg ? The owner, Lisa Press, is a brilliant doll maker. She has a doll dressmaking series on her blog with thorough, easy instructions, and patterns for many sized dolls in her newsletter.
- radianthomestudio@maggielambdraws Thank you! 😊
Log in to like or comment.