mali.mishThe kids hesitated as they walked into the dark natural entrance of the cavern. After adjusting to the darkness, they explored the entire 2.5 mile loop underground, determined to complete the scavenger hunt of the cavern's features in order to complete their Junior Ranger booklets. After a rewarding elevator ride back to the surface, they earned Junior Ranger badge number 111 and an ice cream treat.
- je_suis_lola_pI love this place.
- gasgirl2001Love this view!
- currentlywanderingGlad the elevator is working again!!
- bdpearlI visited Carlsbad at age 10 and am having very mixed feelings about this photo, because it was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen but also I accidentally took a picture (with my disposable camera 🤓) with flash on, and a ranger yelled at me, and I cried. 😂😭
- mali.mish@bdpearl And you grew up to become a badass with a camera. 💪 Thanks for sharing that story. ❤
- email@example.com yes, one who never uses flash! 😂 💗💗💗
- born.to.adventureThis is so rad!!
- connellmccarthyOutstanding work! Keep it up 😄
- cherepukhinFantastic 🔥
- bohemiansontheroadnice!... we had to do the loop back and foward because the elevator wasn't working. That badge was the most rewarding one.
- perkymogSuch a cool place!
- huff_318@b_huff723 need to go!
- b_huff723@huff_318 say when!!
- val.nuss@thomas_wi89 soooon ❤
- wanderventurersWe were there last week. What a place!
- wefoundadventureThe elevator is back in service! That's awesome. Last year it was broken so I had the pleasure of carrying my almost 2 year old son both down and up all of those switchbacks! 😂
- familytrailsThis is incredible. What-a cool experience! Thanks for sharing @mali.mish!
- athousandstarsThis is so awesome! I remember by visit there 20 years ago, and the long, empty drive to get there. Loved it
Log in to like or comment.