angiesmith19It's hard to name my favorite moments from @ifgathering, but these were a few of them. I love the image of @ellieholcomb using her phone flashlight to see her Bible in the midst of a few thousand women who love the same pages. And then this-during one of the sessions after @againstallgrain talked about her loss, I held my hand on her belly while her baby girl kicked. Ultimately redemption doesn't mean that the past disappears-it means that there is hope in spite of it. Danielle sat with me while I sobbed about Audrey this weekend and she lifted her hands with me when I worshipped. In the sacred place where those moments intersect, the light flickers on His words in a dark room and I guess I don't know a better description of worship than that. I believe Him even when I can't understand Him, and living in that glorious tension is what marks us as His. I pray I will do it well... ❤
- irishmcmommyJust KNEW @againstallgrain was going to talk at IF at some point. Hope we get to see it soon. @angiesmith19 we missed hearing you speak. We were just talking about that today. Next year please! Love you both - love seeing you support each other.
- libbylamarrjonesI soooo wish you would have spoken again! I still remember last year "I don't know about the ram but I am sure of the lamb!" So good!!!! I love your authentic vulnerability!
- klhjohn316Not happy I didn't get to hear you speak this year at If and I didn't see DanielleW up there either ? Not on livestream..maybe y'all talked in the back room? Well blessings to you❤️
- mrsdoctorweinberger"I believe Him even when I can't understand Him." That's been my heart song this year. But it has been true worship follow Him, even when it's a blind walk. God bless you both. You vulnerability and faith intersect in a bravery that helps those of us that see it, be our own kind of brave. God is so good. Even in the hard places.
- bsgetterLove your beautiful and powerful words @angiesmith19 !!! I missed you speaking this year so much that I just had to go back to last year's digital download and listen to your Isaac talk for the 6th time!!!! We played Selah's song "You are My Hiding Place" today at bible study. One of my favorites!!!
- nellekiersSo good. 🙌🏻
- none3045@spetersen07 So. Good.
- ellieholcombOh my . All the tears. Weeping and worshiping together sounds about like the last two years I've lived. Light flickering on His words in a dark room? Goodness , what a beautiful picture of what His word and His promises and His presence will bring us...Hope , even in the tension. We are the "hope people". Thanks for sharing friend. So grateful for your story and your honest voice , not skirting around the pain but staring into it and believing that it isn't the end of the story. Love you gals.
- cheriemcnaughtI missed getting to hear you speak this year. Everyone was great but I still missed you
- lorimillerburnsDouble love to all of you @ifgathering leaders & organizers, every last one of you and your God breathed words to us sisters. You bless us, you move us, and you reveal God's love and word so (im)perfectly. Ready to disciple one small thing and one beautiful person at a time. Thanks be to God and his girls❤🙏🏼
- ktripson"I believe Him even when I can't understand Him" 💞💞💞 @carriecowen
- jennifergrayphotographyY'all look like sisters!
- christinevirginia"I believe Him even when I can't understand Him, and living in that glorious tension is what marks us as His." Profound. This is what hit me like a wall of bricks Friday night while we took communion. I've heard (from a Christian Jewish pastor) the name God gave His people, Israel, is actually two words put together. "El", which means God, and "Isra", which in Hebrew is a word for the way sand becomes unsettled when you walk on a dirt road. So the name for God's people actually means something like "unsettled with God." And it's the name He gave us. He is okay with our unsettled, wrestling faith. What a comfort!
- sarastar14"Ultimately redemption doesn't mean the past disappears, it means that there is hope in spite of it. " @angiesmith19 wow! Thank you all for giving us IF, for teaching and learning and worshiping with us.
- spetersen07@none3045 so good!
- natcarbajalYour life and testimony are so encouraging. I was at a sunrise service at SeaWorld a few years ago when you shared about your sweet Audrey. At the time I was single and with no children but somehow Audrey's story impacted me. Little did I know that years later I would lose my firstborn son at 38 weeks. September 24, 2016 my son was born into heaven . During some of my darkest hours Jesus reminded me of your story. I truly believe that years ago God used your story and journey to prepare me and give me hope. Thank you so much!
- loricwigginsMissed hearing you speak!
- graceinhisbeautyI sent you a DM 💜
- thewilltochooseWow. Just wow. 🙌🏻🙏🏻😭
Log in to like or comment.