milkandhoneywellnessA lollipop after a morning doctor visit.
A cupcake for a classmate's birthday with lunch. A bag of cookies, gummies or a few little doughuts before after-school activities begin.
Children should consume no more than 3 to 8 teaspoons of added sugar per day. Unfortunately, according to a study done by the AHA, children as young as one to three years old consume about 12 teaspoons of sugar per day, and older children consume even more than that! ::
Even the word "snack" -- once thought of as a healthy, energizing source of calories for children -- can seem like a euphemism for an IV sugar solution these days.
Want to limit kids' added sugar intake? Look beyond the cookie jar. Lemonade, 10% fruit juices, fruit snacks, crackers, ice cream, pies, cakes, soft drinks, and sweetened cereals are also popular sources of added sugar. :: The key is to help children find a balance with food, helping them learn how to enjoy healthy foods and enjoy (and self-regulate) treats.
- milkandhoneywellness#organic #nonGMO #realfood #NoGMOs #milkandhoneywellness #revivifymylife #revivify #organicliving #allnatural #GMOs #organicfood #cleaneating #healthy #happy #life #foodie #diet #detox #revolution #sugar#sweets #soda #sick #cold #flu#sugardetox
- im_cosetteDid you listen to Radio West on NPR at 11? I thought of you. "The case against sugar" on their webpage or rebroadcast at 7 pm :)
- basaltdayspaWow! This is really good to know! 😳
- rootandrisebotanicalsThanks for sharing this!
- cassilanieGood stuff. Thanks for passing along.
- cosmomuseGod to know! Thx for sharing 💛
- spicyyogiIt's good to know the exact amounts so that we can be more aware!
- hikeitoutjenYou're amazing for posting this! More awareness!! Makes me sick to see kids guzzling sodA, eating all the candy and never getting exercise.
- milkandhoneywellness@hikeitoutjen thank you!!! I have a 4 year old and I am amazed at all the added sugar in snacks for kids!!
- milkandhoneywellness@milkhoneyyogurt right??!! 😱
- milkandhoneywellness@im_cosette I didn't!!! I will take a listen to the rebroadcast! I picked up my book over the weekend and dove in yesterday!
- milkandhoneywellness@basaltdayspa 👍
- milkandhoneywellness@cassilanie 🥒🥑🥕💗
- milkandhoneywellness@spicyyogi It is because it's really hard to gauge the amount of added sugar you are consuming each day unless you really pay attention. Sneaky stuff!
- knotonomyOh! I need to get on this. I am not a sugar person myself, but my family is. Thanks for sharing.
- salt.lake.elevatedOh man oh man...
- hurlyburlyfoodsWell done!
Log in to like or comment.