gregklassenfurnitureMy newest art piece has sold and found a new home (Chicago). It's such a validating feeling to see people embrace my work with the same enthusiasm that I put into it. And it's an even better feeling when a piece sells! If you're a professional artist, you know that special feeling when something you put your heart into sells, or you get that big job. You want to do a joyful backflip or hug the person next to you. You want to go out for a fancy dinner and celebrate. Your mind starts racing and you think about what you are going to create next. This is the way of an artist. I'm thankful to be in a good spot in my career today, but a few shorts years ago I was the starving artist. It's a hard road. And no matter where we are on our path, as people who have built our livelihood on making and creating, we are all facing some form of struggle. Whether it's the struggle to get our work noticed, to sell the thing we're excited about, or to be original and find that next idea, there is a struggle happening in each of us. We are on a path full of failures - a path sparsely sprinkled with occasional triumphs. But you gotta celebrate those exclamation point moments. When this piece unexpectedly sold this weekend, I got a big goofy smile, gave Barb a kiss and then I took the family out for a Mexican dinner and ate 3 bowls of chips and salsa! 😆 I celebrated, I felt like a champion and then thought "What can I make next?" #celebrateeverything #aerialseriesno1
- email@example.com Your work is so cool! Keep it up!
- gregklassenfurniture@4rnorthwest Hang in there!!
- gregklassenfurniture@houlihanbeth Congrats on your new piece of art! I'm excited for you to receive it, and enjoy it!!
- gregklassenfurniture@rob_cairns Right on!
- gregklassenfurniture@richwoodjoinery Sadly that's true. Keep doing good work and good things will happen.
- michaelb.studiosgreat story
- pagiojewelrydesignsSpot on!!! I feel the same way about so much that you shared. It is encouraging to know we arent alone during the peaks and valleys on our artistic journeys.
- jon_meauxCongratulations! It's great to see a fellow artist getting the the credit that is due.
- mehdi_ekhtarivery nice:)
- gellhauswoodworksThanks for this post @gregklassenfurniture. It's good to hear that the integrity of your pieces comes from such an honest place. It also gives me hope for my own practice. Just makin' and makin' and makin'... Cheers man! 🍻👊
- serranoconstructionI've always loved seeing your new pieces and always admired them. It's nice to be inspired by some great talent. Congrats.
- erikaturvThanks. I needed to hear this.
- mnedmanCongrats on the sale Greg and a great post! So happy for all of your success.
- hadiabdullaAmazing story 👏🏻👍🏻
- jaycanterphotography@gregklassenfurniture we need something like this for our new house!!! Lots of wall space minus my own artwork.
- canukcorrIncredible pieces!
- 888beataWow looks great. Great work-art. True words ❤️❤️❤️😃😃love your artwork
- taraneasadzadeYou are best...your work is so amazing 😊😍
Log in to like or comment.