nasajplSeen from outside, #Enceladus appears to be like most of its sibling moons: cold, icy and inhospitable. But under that forbidding exterior may exist the very conditions needed for life. Over the course of the Cassini mission, observations have shown that Enceladus (313 miles or 504 kilometers across) not only has watery jets sending icy grains into space; under its icy crust it also has a global ocean, and may have hydrothermal activity as well. Since scientists believe liquid water is a key ingredient for life, the implications for future missions searching for life elsewhere in our solar system could be significant. 📸 by @NASA’s #Cassini mission. #photography #blackandwhite #space #engineering #Saturn #science #NASA #ESA #JPL #NASABeyond @nasasolarsystem
- emma.thxmas@unbelievably_anna 👌
- yinologyAlready packed.. on my way to #Enceladus ✌🏻
- _sanam.sed_It's the coolest place in solar system .. and theory says there should be water also .. we can't live there but hope we found new life and creatures in nearby 🙂
- _sanam.sed_@yinology wow how
- firstname.lastname@example.org 'Everything you can imagine is real'
- nickjohanssonphotographyNice :)
- _sanam.sed_@yinology ya it is 😊👍
- metalizadosantaresExcelente imagen. Algún día se podrá hacer pie allí? Sería fabuloso....
- brggrSend that probe!
- sandylj2120Interesting 🌠🚀🌌
- interstellar_veterinarian@clemenslehmden @gibts__nicht__
- quantumcat.incThey just wanna go fishing, lol
- cargocultscientistWell they found life on Europa last year, so ;)
Log in to like or comment.