englishmammaI should have been baking a cake yesterday for P's birthday today but I have spent the weekend coughing and sneezing. So he's having to buy his own cake on the way home from work. Sorry @athlete1974
I'm feeling a little guilty because I always make a cake for family birthdays. I love to bake. But coughing and spluttering around the kitchen isn't really an option right now.
I'm going to have to save my baking recipes for another weekend.
Do you have cake recipe that you swear by? My go to one is by @lorrainepascale, which makes perfect cakes each and every time, followed by an easily adaptable cookie recipe by Rachel Allen.
- blumoondesignI need to check that out! I love cake!
- courtneypluscadeAww, it's better you stay away so they don't get sick too!
- kshoutzHope you feel better soon!
- thesoulofseoulblogWe're not really sweet eaters so we tend to all agree on carrot cake or apple streusel.. something without icing but just as enticing. ^^
- everydaytravellingMake sure you get better!
- cuteheadskidsI hope you feel better!! Store bought cake might be the way to go!
- bitsofbriAwww hope you feel better!
- juliana.sylvesterI'm not that good at baking but I do love Lorraine Pascale and Rachel Allen. Hope you get well soon!
- lipglossandcrayonsOh no! Rest up!
- allergy_girl_eatsI have a go to carrot cake. Feel better!
- goodgirlscoconutsVery cool :)
- kikiblahblahAhhhh, get better soon- no body wants the baker/cook to be ill!
- livingincolorblogDon't feel guilty mama! We can't do it all!
- blogofthethingsDon't feel guilty! Hope you feel better soon. 💗
- lara.grI hope you're feeling so much better
- keyestostyleI love to bake too I love to make cookies over cakes so I have a super yummy chocolatechip recipethat makes for gooey cookies the best!
- ushappyfourWhat is that notebook?
- mamazou85Don't feel guilty and hope you get better soon! Happy birthday to him x
- blogsupportgroupLove it!
Log in to like or comment.