theroyalfamilyToday marks The Queen's #SapphireJubilee
It has been 65 years since Her Majesty acceded to the throne.
On 6 February 1952, King George VI sadly died following a prolonged illness. Princess Elizabeth immediately acceded to the throne, becoming Queen Elizabeth II and taking on all of the responsibilities which came with her new title.
In the photograph, The Queen is wearing a suite of sapphire jewellery given to her by King George VI as a wedding gift in 1947.
- sunev0God save the Queen👑💙
- ellisingletonQueen on insta @ross2carsy
- ross2carsy@ellisingleton thanks! Almost forgot to do this! Queenie #NoFilter
- martiinaemme@sammy_divecchia MY SAPPHIRES
- 4n23ودييني لندن😍😫
- sammy_divecchia@martiinaemme OMG SHE STOLE YOUR JEWELS???!!!!
- katyashafran@alisayakushina :)
- bookbankkanpurMost beautiful lady I have ever seen
- fiftyshadesdreamBeautiful x
- oceane.blossier02futur Mannequin!!!
- matthewbontempiI love you. 👱
- photolady63This pic is so special because it appears she is secretly pleased with something!
- jeancarlosmartinez113My Queen, my mother🇬🇧
- fentonmargaretmagsWe are all so proud of you
- mattee.atkins@blue_wafflez maybe not
- email@example.com 🤸♀️
- mattee.atkins@blue_wafflez "God slay the Queen" would be bad 😂
Log in to like or comment.