questloveSo sad to hear about the passing of musician/composer #DavidAxelrod. He was so immersed in creativity and so pure with his arrangements he WAS hip hop. And understood and appreciated hip hop culture (most cats would get guarded about time moving on & easily take the "NO!!!!!!!!" disposition if they aren't informed. David embraced and often reached out to producers and beatmakers for cool collabos) he appreciation for music and his ability to recognize musicianship is what I'll take from him. Rest in Melody.
- webstrikerNo! Rest Well
- suryaleelajenTrue that. RIP 💖🌟
- jenhanson80Thank you @questlove for acknowledging my grandfather. Music was everything to him and I feel so blessed that I simply knew him as "grandpa" or "the gorilla". The industry lost a true legend.😪
- lyricstogo17Massive loss...RIP.
- twomasbeansdude was ill wit it , rest easy
- robjamesmusic_Awesome :)
- schrowdur_muzikOh man....RIP..
- amnesiagraphGreat man, great music
- ucka1NOOOOOOooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!
- mayoknave🙁 He was an amazing man.
- earltutuReally sad news to hear about David Axelrod.Big inspiration to me
- r_lazzRest well
- utauberSo sad!
- cozmikbeatsI used to just look at his record in the old rec shops for 1.99, and it was loaded with super dope samples, he was a genius!
- barrynysoundRest in melody great one
Log in to like or comment.