stamps_surf| superb🏈wl sunday singlefin study | serial #1448 | length: 10'0" | shaper: hap jacobs | year: ?(late 50's-early 60's) | had this board in my possession about 35 years now. my fathers friend bought it when they were in high school. not sure if it was new or used at the time. it was liberated from the colorado river in arizona where it ended up. fixed all the dings around '94, sanded it all out, and gave it several 'hot coats'. i left the 'bead' on it as was probably the norm back when it was made. every now and then ill take 'er out for a spin! #history if anyone knows the date this board might have been made, let me know.
- propelled_marineSo Cool!!
- roycecanslerMy first board was a 1965 Jacobs that had that exact fin... it weighed 28 lbs, I was 13 and weighed 120.... 9'1" worked awesome at Malibu where I would watch Lance Carson, Miki Dora, Dewey Weber and A young kid named Angie Reno...
- oneeyeeric23Yes!! That board was made.......
- oneeyeeric23A long time ago.😂
- pond_koi_turtle_Dude Hap will know
- pond_koi_turtle_Send me a full length pic I will ask him see if he can remember
- jacobssurfboardsAbout mid 60's .at the time we were making over 120 boards a week and this is 1448 for the year. Could have been one of the shapers or me ,we all used the same templates
- jacobssurfboardsFrom hap👆
- stamps_surf@jacobssurfboards thank you for the info Hap!
Log in to like or comment.