kelseynixonI've become a very lazy breakfast eater. When most of the family was classifying a handful of cold cereal as "breakfast" as we were running out the door, I knew we had a problem. 🙈 So Robby and I set a goal to sit and have breakfast as a family for the month of February. I'm not promising that cold cereal won't make an appearance here and there, but today we kicked things off with eggs and avocado toast. What simple breakfasts do you pull off in the mornings? I'm after realistic recipes and ideas! #cookbetterfeelbetter
- kellydishunI love making a batch of mini egg quiches on the weekend and then just a quick heat up through the week for a tasty breakfast!
- jennvan24Egg and cheese on a whole wheat English muffin, almond butter on a whole wheat English muffin or oatmeal. These are my go-to mom breakfasts!
- abbyjreddI had the most delicious savory oatmeal skillet at Sweet Revenge in the west village. Not sure how it's done, but it can't be that complicated?! My baby and I were fighting over the last bites ☺️
- tinkthomas31Yayyyyy!!! You're sharing recipes again!! I've been so patient while you've been soaking up your sweet baby girl (and her big bro) totally understandable - they're presh, but I am a fan of your cooking and I'm happy to see you back in action!
- typergalOvernight oatmeal is my new favorite breakfast. Sometimes I leave it cold, sometimes I warm it up. I get it ready while I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner the night before. Easy peasy.
- bevmundorfBe gentle with yourself ❤️Make scrambled eggs
- cookandbehappyYogurt parfaits, homemade apple cinnamon oatmeal, English muffin sandwiches, English muffins w/ peanut butter/bananas/honey, apple slices w/ nut butter and granola, and cereal 😜
- aleshaoakLunas favorite is pancakes.....
- taniadowdleSteel cut oats (made with coconut milk) in my instant pot. Prepped & set the night before & ready to eat in the morning! I love topping it with blueberries & strawberries.
- sallyhpWhatever roasted veg from the night before with wilted greens and egg. Overnight oats (you can make enough for a couple days and add in different stuff to mix it up!), I love Kodiak cakes, and you could make them the night before or on the weekend and then heat them in the oven or toaster the morning of if you're super crammed for time.
- lindzrjFried eggs sprinkled w cheese and fruit. Super easy. Or scrambled eggs w cheese and lunch meat if I have it. I'll throw it in a tortilla for a burrito if I have time. Both take less than 5 mins and only take on pan. Also, I'll cook up some breakfast meat at the beginning of the week and throw it in my eggs or have it on the side. We don't have much time for breakfast but we do manage to sit and eat together most mornings and of those over 1/2 is a hot breakfast.
- rosemineoI like to make loads of extra root vegetables roasted as a side for dinner, then eat the leftovers with hard boiled eggs for breakfast. That way everything is done the night before at the same time (only cook once!) and it's ready for me to inhale with coffee before I'm out the door. This week was roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with nothing but salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- homegrowntraditionsI love making muffins ahead of time and heating them for a few seconds in the morning and pairing with some fruit. I'm not on top of it enough to wake up with enough time to bake the muffins or cook warm food before everyone needs to head out the door!
- jenschwinkOvernight oats jazzed up to your liking
- becc_aEgg burritos (can be as simple as scrambled eggs in a tortilla, with a touch of mayo if you're like me). Chocolate Malt-O-Meal (healthier than it sounds). PB on toast with a quick side of fruit (think banana or cutie orange). Green smoothies. Yogurt and granola. Eggs in a Nest (or "Shiz on a Shingle" as we for some past joke call them 🙈😂) ... or simpler- just eggs and toast! Add some avocado and hot sauce if you're feeling fancy.
- jamiekinderhomesKeep it up!
- kristinphelps1Great ideas here. And @kelseynixon could you tell me the name or source of your cute plates, please?
- angiegirl62We do whole wheat pancakes or French toast a lot. I mix up the dry pancake ingredients beforehand and put it in ziplock bags, so all I have to do is add buttermilk, egg and oil. Super quick!
- asia_neilsonA frittata that we can eat for days. And sweet potato hash!
- shaywanlassI like to do muffins and then have cottage cheese topped with either cut up peaches, pears or pineapple.
Log in to like or comment.